• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is this a bargain: Hasselblad H3DII-31 kit$18,000 less $5?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
prodimg_overview_hsystem.jpg

I recieved this email today.

For it to work, you are supposed to print this out and take it to your local friendly Hasselblad dealer.

"For a little more than high-end 35mm solutions and much less than many competing medium format solutions, you too can begin using the world's most advanced digital camera system.
As part of a special, time-limited offer for registered Victor by Hasselblad Online photographers, we are making it possible for you to purchase a Hasselblad H3DII-31 kit (camera body, viewfinder, and 80mm lens) at a special, price of $17,995.
The H3DII-31 provides all the technological and photographic benefits of the Hasselblad H System and will help any discerning photographer take their photography to entirely new levels. The H3DII-31features:

A true Medium Format DSLR camera system including a 31 Megapixel sensor (larger, more light sensitive pixels than on smaller sensors, resulting in higher quality images and more satisfied customers)"

How does it compare to offers you are seeing for other similar ~30MP MF cameras?

Asher
Hasselblad Star Quality (advanced image quality improvements based on the new Phocus Raw Converter)
Widest high-end H system lens range, equaling or outperforming the renowned Zeiss lenses for the Hasselblad V system
Unmatched creative flexibility: (largest and brightest viewfinder range, view camera option, GPS accessory, and more)

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

$18,000.00 - $1.00 = $17,995.00?

I think I remember that from an Abbot and Costello flick. Or maybe it was a budget presentation by President Bush.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Are you saying that someone could print this thread, run down to, say, Calumet and get a $27,000 H3DII-31 for $17,999?