• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Obscene

fahim mohammed

Nope. This is for real Mr. Kelman.

Mr. Overgaard is well know in the Leica ' in ' community.
And a prolific writer on all things Leica. Of course, he is a Leica photog too!

I wait, maybe not too long, for the lastest designer bag produced with the last surviving white rhino.
Truly a collector's item for the discerning few!!

Fahim,

I think this article might be a spoof. Unless I am mistaken, the pictures are all created for the made up pretend story!

But it’s 5:00 am and I have not checked it out further, as yet. But if true, it’s beyond obscene!

Asher

wow, just wow. I read the article and was really surprised. Even when I read the elephant skin bag was not from illegal hunting, it still turned my stomach upside down. Well, even the calf leather is way beyond what I can afford, as I would like to get a new camera for half of that and still have to wait; so he can keep his bags be they calf, alligator or elephant skins or whatever else he can choose to offer. I can't even imagine running around with one of those and having to explain to everyone that it was legally obtained and that you really needed the durability. Really, do you? Anyways, I digress

fahim mohammed

Yep Maggie. That is how some make their bucks. And surely, that is how some spend their bucks.

Take care.

wow, just wow. I read the article and was really surprised. Even when I read the elephant skin bag was not from illegal hunting, it still turned my stomach upside down. Well, even the calf leather is way beyond what I can afford, as I would like to get a new camera for half of that and still have to wait; so he can keep his bags be they calf, alligator or elephant skins or whatever else he can choose to offer. I can't even imagine running around with one of those and having to explain to everyone that it was legally obtained and that you really needed the durability. Really, do you? Anyways, I digress

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

I think this article might be a spoof. Unless I am mistaken, the pictures are all created for the made up pretend story!

But it’s 5:00 am and I have not checked it out further, as yet. But if true, it’s beyond obscene!

Asher

I now realize how my mistake occurred! My tired brain saw the rather unfamiliar, (at least to me), Overgaard name and mistakenly associated it with another ”Scanda-wegian”, none other than our own valued Per Ellström, with his brilliant “conjured up” art work by the talented editorial and travel photographer, “Sven Boqvists”!

Asher

No, it's real. I have seen several threads reacting to this. Since Overgaard's luxury luggage doesn't look as if it would survive airport handling and I don't fly on private jets very often, I think this belongs in an alternate world that I don't live in. This stuff costs more than 10x what solid waterproof carriers from Ace Hardware or Amazon would cost, so it doesn't capture a single brain cycle. And he has dropped the elephant skin offering.

scott