• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon EOS 1D Mark III sent to me today

Tom Owen Meinen

I'm excited. I've wanted to own the 1D 3 ever since its release in '07. It's gonna be a nice upgrade to my 20D. I'm prepared to learn the new interface. I've got the Magic Lantern guide to it and the JumpStart DVDs. I was disappointed that David Busch didn't write a 1D 3 guide. I have his guide to the 30D (which I used to learn my 20D) and it was outstanding. However, the Magic Lantern one looks decent enough. The DVDs also seem useful, though a little dorky. I laughed when they put a nifty fifty on the 1D 3. You would think they could have afforded a higher end lens for the vid. But what the hell, I used to own a nifty fifty and you can get good images from it.

In any event, I'm well prepared to learn the 1D 3. I'll post some images.

Gonna hang onto my 20D as a backup. I'll let my niece use it when she comes to visit.

Will Thompson

Hi Tom!

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I have the 1DIII and the 1DsIII and have shot them with nearly every canon lens and possible type of shoot