• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuzzy Wolfer

Chris Calohan

7170156904_74c7338523_o.jpg

Chris Callohan: Fuzzy Wolfer

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

What's the origin of the title, Chris? Is the dog recently derived from wolf stock or is it a wolf tracking dog used in wolf hunts. an why "fuzzy"?

Anyway, the dog seems utterly adorable and the color is too. In fact, this dog is made for color pictures. A B&W version would rob a lot of beauty from this lively picture. This color is natural and fits with the rust and sienna colors of autumn and so it is very special, bringing back comfortable memories.

Is this yours?

Asher

Chris Calohan

No, he was hanging with his owner and when I walked up, he copped a great pose. I believe he is a Golden Labador Retriever.

I call all dogs, "fuzzy wolfers;" I cannot begin to tell you why.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

Defend you creations!!! :) :)

That clip is a massive object and really helps make the picture. It tells part of the story that the dog is waiting. It also is a strong counter-element for the composition and the vertical position balances the counterclockwise movement of the rest of the image. Removing it is a nice capability, done well but really, I's push strongly for the original. It's much more complete and impressive; love it!

Asher