• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Claw

The Claw
the_claw_by_philosomatographer-d5m8omr.jpg

Without my explicit intent, much of my focus over the past year has been on anthropomorphising trees. The above is my latest venture down this avenue. When I have enough of them, I'm thinking of perhaps arranging them together in an exhibition, but of course, since I don't actively search for them (they find me...) I make these type of images only once or twice per year.

I just wanted to share this one. I'm still not 100% happy with the tones, but it's a rather vast contrast range I'm trying to tame here, without losing all punch. I also wish I could position the lens flare spot slightly differently, but the composition just didn't work out that way. It's now an integral part of the image (for the moment) - so please don't suggest that I remove it :)

Jerome Marot

The composition with the shape of the tree is magnificent, but I am not sure that I would call it a "claw". To me, it looks more like a dance.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Claw

Without my explicit intent, much of my focus over the past year has been on anthropomorphising trees.

Dawid,

It might very well be that we all do this, anyway, seeing the "man in the moon", "mother Mary", "The Madonna", in a flaking wall advert in Mexico and the like. When I saw "claw" in the title, I thought that fitted so well. But when I read Jerome's idea of dancing, that took over! This is an example of the natural selection of ideas that become infectious.

Asher

Confound it, Jerome, now I see the dance too! I think I should not try to think of titles for this particular series, because they immediately force the viewer to look at it in a particular way.

It shall henceforth be known as "Tree Anthropomorphism #7" :) Thanks for commenting.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Confound it, Jerome, now I see the dance too! I think I should not try to think of titles for this particular series, because they immediately force the viewer to look at it in a particular way.

It shall henceforth be known as "Tree Anthropomorphism #7" :) Thanks for commenting.

The Claw

Dawid,

Thanks for giving us this truly impressive photograph!

Asher