• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Exhibition" Pictures for Discussion and Questions Los Angeles Hosts Paris Photo Show April 26-28 2013

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paris Photo Los Angeles,

The world’s most celebrated art fair for photographic works, will take place at Paramount Studios from April 26th-April 28th featuring of 72 exhibitors – 60 galleries and 12 publishers/booksellers. A majority of gallery exhibitors will present group shows, situated among three of Paramount Pictures’ legendary soundstages. Further, the New York Street Blocklot will feature 20 cutting-edge solo shows on Paramount’s replicated New York City’s streets. In addition to the galleries, Paris Photo Los Angeles will feature a Sound and Vision public programming series curated by Douglas Fogle. The series will feature conversations between artists working in photographic and moving image media featuring artists including Doug Aitken, Phil Collins, Gregory Crewdson, Thomas Demand, Sharon Lockhart, Catherine Opie, Alec Soth and Matthew Weiner.

PARIS Photo Prices.jpg

Book your tickets here

Children under 12 = Free Admission with Adult.

Show Hours:
Friday, April 26 - 12:00pm - 7:00pm
Saturday April 27 - 12:00pm - 7:00pm
Sunday April 28 12:00 pm - 6:00pm

NOTE: This event is being produced and administered by Reed Expositions France. Paramount Pictures Corporation is not a sponsor or producer of this event, nor otherwise affiliated with the event.

"Welcome to the first edition of Paris Photo Los Angeles! Entering into its 17th year, Paris Photo has become the most celebrated art fair for works created in the photographic medium. Following its success at the Grand Palais (54,000 visitors in 2012), Paris Photo is thrilled to launch its first American edition in Los Angeles, an undisputed international art capital populated by numerous private and institutional
collectors, galleries, working artists, art schools and a culturally minded public. It is this creative energy and the city’s unique relationship with the construction of images - both moving and still, that have
provided us with the perfect setting to embrace the richness of artistic production.
From April 26th to 28th Paris Photo will host a selection of over 72 international galleries and publishers from 14 different countries in the heart of the legendary Paramount Pictures Studios. From the historic
soundstages to the New York Street backlot and the Sherry Lansing Theatre, join us on an exploration
of how artists have been and are using photography and moving images in their work in the 20th
and 21st centuries.

Don’t miss our exceptional program of conversations and screenings: “Sound and Vision”, curated by
Douglas Fogle with an international roster of notable artists and curators. We hope you will enjoy our spring edition in Los Angeles in this iconic location which promises to make for an unbeatable experience. "

Julien FRYDMAN
Director of Paris Photo

Asher Kelman

IN LOS ANGELES DURING PARIS PHOTO

There's so much more to see during the show!

Discover a selection of 26 exhibitions taking place in and around Los Angeles 13 different institutions, reflecting strong themes within the fair.

Partner institutions are:

A+D ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN MUSEUM
ANNENBERG SPACE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
J. PAUL GETTY MUSEUM AT THE GETTY CENTER
HAMMER MUSEUM
HUNTINGTON LIBRARY
LOS ANGELES COUNTY MUSEUM OF ART (LACMA)
THE MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART (MOCA)
THE MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTS (MOPA)
NORTON SIMON MUSEUM
PIER 24 PHOTOGRAPHY
SAN FRANCISCO MUSEUM OF MODERN ART (SFMOMA)
SANTA BARBARA MUSEUM OF ART
SKIRBALL CULTURAL CENTER

Send me a PM if you are going and want to meet up.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I'll be introducing representative images for your comment. what I show will give some idea of new work done in the past 5 years or so and also classic work that you love or hate. I'll try to add current prices to give an idea of what such creative work might command. I'm depending on your comments, reactions, and opinions and depend on that for motivation to add more! Return often to try out new links as they appear:

Tal Shochat: Idealized trees: has metaphorical reference for need for society to return to its roots and guiding values.

James welling: He seems to be driven by flowing colors derived from interplay of the enlarger illumination on photographic paper and then further work in Photoshop to bring out sense of fluidics in the colors.

Please see how you react to this sampled work. Encourage me and I'll being more to the table! I'll add more from visits to the show.

Asher