• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Magatas river

James Yu

The mountain that fell in feb 2006 that cover the brgy guinsaugon, southern leyte

4342280189_4dc73be5cb.jpg

4342281229_58b78e96a1.jpg

4343017158_7a48ba6e88.jpg

4343016120_e194f3e487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just to place things in perspective:

MAN%20POINTING.jpg

leytelandslide-rehab.blogspot.com: Man Pointing

"In the morning of February 17, 2006, a massive landslide covered the village of Guinsaugon, St. Bernard, Southern Leyte, Philippines. Families were lost and many were left with just a few surviving members, while vast farmlands were destroyed. Twelve other communities are also threatened because fault lines are traversing in their areas. The Southern Leyte Rehabilitation Program is a long-term development initiative to ensure that a bright future is still possible for the people of St. Bernard." Source.

So, tell us what changed in the Magatas river? Were you there, then when the disaster occurred?

Asher

Last edited:

James Yu

Asher

yes, im been there but wasnt able to help because i have work. i just donate food, dress, water. il visit the site on weekends. try to take pics.

Phil Marion

Very nice photos. the composition is pleasing to the eyes. I like the use of the tripod to ensure a blurred water as well as good depth of field (focus).
My sole concern is with the last photo. It looks like too much 'clarity' or local contrast on the trees/sky was used for my taste.