• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A tree

George Holroyd

This small tree resides in a planter in the foyer of our apartment building. There was some rare sunlight coming in though the window behind which prompted me to take the photo. This one will probably end up orphaned as it doesn't really fit in with my current series.

tumblr_miug8lUpde1rxciibo1_r4_400.jpg

Untitled, Paris, 2013

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This small tree resides in a planter in the foyer of our apartment building. There was some rare sunlight coming in though the window behind which prompted me to take the photo. This one will probably end up orphaned as it doesn't really fit in with my current series.

tumblr_miug8lUpde1rxciibo1_r4_400.jpg

Untitled, Paris, 2013

Not necessarily orphaned, George! It may spark your creativity and have you explore what's happening in that picture and try to find its relatives as you look around your neighborhood. I'd printing as large as possible and pin it on the wall and let the image speak to you a little longer.

There's some unique conversation going on with the elements here and you have to listen in!

Asher

Asher Kelman

So far, George, you seem to be having a plant invade a geometric space. just trying to learn what might be going on. As you continue, the motif will be clearer.

Asher

George Holroyd

So far, George, you seem to be having a plant invade a geometric space. just trying to learn what might be going on. As you continue, the motif will be clearer.

Asher

Hadn't thought of it like that, but your comment puts me in mind of the Talking Heads song, Nothing but flowers.

Asher Kelman

Hadn't thought of it like that, but your comment puts me in mind of the Talking Heads song, Nothing but flowers.

You're still in your 100 meters squared box. Switch to a glass box, there's a bright sky and yes, McDonalds and motor cars still still do their stuff day and night and there's fresh fish in the supermarket at least for another 200 years! Step out! Take pictures in restaurants, grand stores and quiet barber shops. Grab shots of gay men in the Marais creating clouds of cigarette smoke on the sidewalk, so you have to shoot from the center of the street. Life's going on fine!

Asher