• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Negativity

George Holroyd

I've been revisiting some pictures while getting over a cold. For the two below, I inverted and reversed the images to make a kind of negative. I like both so much that I'm now considering adding these to my series And I. Asher, you told me to step out of my box. Here goes...

tumblr_mjgh2k8YTu1rxciibo1_r1_400.jpg

Untitled, Paris, 2012

tumblr_mjgjn6Iqet1rxciibo1_400.jpg

Graffiti, Milan, 2013

George Holroyd

I think the first one will make it into the series. I cannot tie the second one to a particular emotion at the time of capture so, it has no place, despite being pleasing to my eye.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've been revisiting some pictures while getting over a cold. For the two below, I inverted and reversed the images to make a kind of negative. I like both so much that I'm now considering adding these to my series And I. Asher, you told me to step out of my box. Here goes...

Untitled, Paris, 2012

I'm happy to see this. It's a great prototype. Continue and share but don't make drastic selections just yet.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Untitled, Paris, 2012

tumblr_mjgjn6Iqet1rxciibo1_400.jpg

Graffiti, Milan, 2013

The Graffiti picture works well as a contrast to the former image and helps create a firm of reference like the base line in a Jazz work. It's almost an inverse of the first picture in extent of black.

Asher