• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Darwin Discover's Jo'berg!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
peacefulChaos-PB012147.jpg

Name: Peaceful Chaos

2012, Sandton, South Africa

Inkjet Print on 240gsm fibre-based paper, matte finish

11x14in, signed and dated

an edition of 10 prints

Welcome David.
Sorry. My spell check doesn't do SA names and my fingers are too stubby to make the corrections on the iPod. (This site doesn't allow me to swear either which is a shame, really, 'cause I'm inclined to call you a **** as a term of indearment for taking such interesting photos)
Anyway, as I said, welcome. You'll be right at home here. A nicer bunch you wouldn't meet on a days march although there's a few arty farty types here who will love you for your archaic approach and 'limited edition' sales pitch. Hipsters I think they could be called, aging none the less. Don't worry yourself about them at the moment. They're all tied up with the exhibition. You know, chilling the Chardonnay, preparing their artist statements and polishing their brown shoes.
I look forward to viewing what you can do. We might even find common ground on which to stand and chat. Just don't mention cricket or rugby. We could star WW III.

Yer new best friend, Tom

Thank you Tom. I've been a member here for the past 8 years, and am thrilled to have been able to make these prints in the darkroom, and have them exhibited in L.A. - thanks to Asher's tireless efforts and support.

The "archaic approach and 'limited edition' sales pitch" is not quite so much a sales pitch, but a simple reality: I have painstakingly made a finite number of prints in the darkroom on a particular type of paper, with a particular look, and don't intend on repeating it for these images!

Will you attend the exhibition? I unfortunately am not able to, but I hope my work speaks for me.

Anyway - the particular intent of this forum is purely as an exhibition gallery, and no replies are supposed to be allowed, so I think these replies will be removed by the admins. But thanks for saying Hi - we can continue the "conversation" in the normal forums :)

warm regards,
Dawid

Welcome David.
Sorry. My spell check doesn't do SA names and my fingers are too stubby to make the corrections on the iPod. (This site doesn't allow me to swear either which is a shame, really, 'cause I'm inclined to call you a **** as a term of indearment for taking such interesting photos)
Anyway, as I said, welcome. You'll be right at home here. A nicer bunch you wouldn't meet on a days march although there's a few arty farty types here who will love you for your archaic approach and 'limited edition' sales pitch. Hipsters I think they could be called, aging none the less. Don't worry yourself about them at the moment. They're all tied up with the exhibition. You know, chilling the Chardonnay, preparing their artist statements and polishing their brown shoes.
I look forward to viewing what you can do. We might even find common ground on which to stand and chat. Just don't mention cricket or rugby. We could star WW III.

Yer new best friend, Tom

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome David.

Yer new best friend, Tom

Actually,

Tom, there will be wine at the gallery opening and the proceeds will go to a fun to help needy talented music student go to the Colburn School of Music.

Champagne is a great idea. Must find a sponsor for that!

Dawid's prints do look special. In fact I resisted the temptation to mount them on a firm substrate so that the natural curl of hand processing would be obliterated. As you rightly predicted, folk really appreciate such evidence that the photographer actually does the work him/herself!

Asher.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Actually,

Tom, there will be wine at the gallery opening and the proceeds will go to a fun to help needy talented music student go to the Colburn School of Music.

Champagne is a great idea. Must find a sponsor for that!

Dawid's prints do look special. In fact I resisted the temptation to mount them on a firm substrate so that the natural curl of hand processing would be obliterated. As you rightly predicted, folk really appreciate such evidence that the photographer actually does the work him/herself!

Asher.

Didn't I post that with David's photos elsewhere? How's my words of wisdom supposed to work out of context? And stop being so serious when I'm taking the p-i-s-s. It's like explaining a joke to Christine, a pointless exercise at any time.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Didn't I post that with David's photos elsewhere? How's my words of wisdom supposed to work out of context? And stop being so serious when I'm taking the p-i-s-s. It's like explaining a joke to Christine, a pointless exercise at any time.

Tom,

I am happy, when I get a break, to add the photos for your comments to be made coherent. Be understanding that my first job is to keep sacrosanct the threads of those exhibiting, as they would like to have potential buyers look them up here in a today place.

I am sorry that it was not made crystal clear as to the limited purpose of the exhibitors threads showcasing their photography.

Still, your ****ing humor is something interesting and favorable to me, like the sweet smell of my father-in-law's tobacco, although I couldn't stand it being lit as the strong smoke made me choke!

Asher