• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ninja vs Noiseware

Jan Rifkinson

Anybody have experience or thoughts on the difference/better choice between Noise Ninja & Noiseware? TIA

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield CT USA
1DMkII, W2K SP4, XPp-SP2, LR, RSp, DLp, BBp, CS2, iM

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Have never used Noiseware (I'm on Mac) but very happy with N Ninja.
However I always prefer not to use camear profiles but instead have Noise Ninja to profile the image and then lower/tweak the result in the "filter" tab.
It may be wise to use NN in a separate layer so you can erase too soft areas...

nicolas claris

Hi Luiz
the funny thing is that at the end of the link you provide, the author says:

My recommendations are:

Noise Ninja
Neat Image
Picture Cooler (PC-only)
Noiseware
Grain Surgery
it seems you both don't agree ;-)

Carl Harsch

I own Neat Image and wasn't all that happy with the results. I experimented with Noise Ninja for a few weeks, then tried out Noiseware on a trial basis. I quickly decided that I liked the workflow and results that I got from Noiseware and purchased the ProVersion plugin. I am very pleased with Noiseware.

PC-based software, Photoshop CS2. I shoot with a 1Ds, so noise is often quite evident when I need to increase ISO.

One note on that article is that it's 2 years old and all of the software has undergone improvements since it was written. (great artice though)

Nicolas Claris said:
Hi Luiz
the funny thing is that at the end of the link you provide, the author says:

it seems you both don't agree ;-)

Heheheeh
HI!
That is why I wrote, “my taste” :)

The software we mentioned here are the best, we can not go wrong with any of
them, the secret is learn to be able to use the tool as best as possible.

In truth, I never mastered Noise Ninja to the level I do with NoiseWare
or Neat Image, you know it is a Ninja and I do not speak Japanese. Heheheh

BTW, looks like NoiseWare 4 evolved more than the others.

nicolas claris

Luiz Vasconcellos said:
The software we mentioned here are the best, we can not go wrong with any of them, the secret is learn to be able to use the tool as best as possible.
I fully agree with that!

KrisCarnmarker

I bought both Noiseware and Noise Ninja because I couldn't decide :)

However, 9 times out of 10, I reach for Noise Ninja. Somehow, it seems easier to get great results.

I do the same as Nicolas suggested, apply it to a separate layer and mask out the sharp areas. Noise Ninja has a built in brush to do the same, but it is much more difficult/tedious. Took me a while foe the penny to drop.