• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Distractions!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My apologies for decreased attention on my part here. I have been working on my sculptures and aiming to meet deadlines and still do photography every day. Just doing these tasks pulls me into a black hole that devours time. However, on the way I have taken lots of pictures whenever I look at a site for a sculpture or visit the marinas to look at more sailboats for inspiration.

I will have graduated from lists of overdue house chores and will be posting more shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

Asher

Andy brown

Asher, no need to apologise.
Your work rate and passion for this place is huge and we all know you operate at this incredibly high level in many other areas.
Actually we should send you on an enforced holiday every now and then.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

My apologies for decreased attention on my part here. I have been working on my sculptures and aiming to meet deadlines and still do photography every day. Just doing these tasks pulls me into a black hole that devours time. However, on the way I have taken lots of pictures whenever I look at a site for a sculpture or visit the marinas to look at more sailboats for inspiration.

I will have graduated from lists of overdue house chores and will be posting more shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

Your output (to us and elsewhere) is enormous. You have no reason to feel bad when the branch that comes here must ebb a bit.

And please do not let the load burn you out or jeopardize your health. Don't tell all those cute girls in 90210 (Wendy included), but as the years pass we all have reduced "resources".

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

Your output (to us and elsewhere) is enormous. You have no reason to feel bad when the branch that comes here must ebb a bit.

And please do not let the load burn you out or jeopardize your health. Don't tell all those cute girls in 90210 (Wendy included), but as the years pass we all have reduced "resources".

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

My middle son tells me not to enter competitions for my sculptures and simply do things I enjoy.

"But that's exactly what I am doing.", I said. "Yes it's a stress but my brain needs that and the rush of adrenaline as deadlines are closing in and One is doing one's best to beat the clock!"

One's brain needs to be challenged all the time or it shrinks! I have started to get to remember telephone numbers and dial them, instead of relying on my iPhone to keep them at my finger tips with "one touch" calling. It's been discovered that we are excusing our brains and getting "digital amnesia"!

Asher