• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LR 1.0 Preview at Outback Photo

Tony Bonanno

pro member
I'm glad to see the final version 1.0 release coming on Feb 19.

I've been using the beta 4.1 heavily the past two months for all my commercial shoots and am quite enthused about the software.

In case any of you are in Albuquerque Thurs evening, Feb 1, I'll be giving a program comparing the new pigment printers (HP Z series, Epson 3800, and Canon iPF5000). I will also be doing a brief overview of Lightroom (email me for details/time/location, etc.).

Cheers,

Tony Bonanno

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

You outclassed me! I was preparing an introduction to Uwe's fine preview and when I came back I'd been overtaken!

Yes, Uwe's work is always worth reading. He is an excellent teacher and dedicated with his wife Bettina at making the best prints of their pictures.

Here, Uwe introduces us in a clear and personal way to Lightroom.

Lightroom_Uwe_01.jpg

His steps are in sequence, logical and helpful.

He bothers to show what one might take for granted.

Lightroom_Uwe_04.jpg

He also tries to adds a touch of what is important to him and shares what is needed to make this program the compregensive set of integrated tools it seeks to be.

Uwe hopes for more cataloging DAM features like iViewMedia Pro and Apple's Aperture.

Uwe's Lightroom Wish list for LR 1.0 (1/29/2007)

Smart collections based on queries.
More advanced dual monitor support.
Color samplers.
Perspective and lens distortion corrections.
We would like to see a more advanced noise removal and sharpening in Lightroom.
Support for camera ICC profiles
Multiple Windows
Selective editing features (we expect them latest in LR 2.0)

He is also an explorer, looking for especially original features.

Good work!

Asher

Last edited: