• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dedicated Portrait retouching software

Has anybody here experience with this "Portrait Professional" software.

From the descriptions it seems like a useful tool for retouching large quantities of files. A major drawback for e.g. on location shoots could be that the files can only be rendered with a life connection to their server.

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Looks very interesting.

That looks very worthwhile. Maybe I will download the trial version. Not very expensive either considering the software I looked at at WPPI was 10 times the price for all the Photoshop actions.

That looks very worthwhile. Maybe I will download the trial version. Not very expensive either considering the software I looked at at WPPI was 10 times the price for all the Photoshop actions.

They claim that the price can be kept at that level because of the mandatory 'live server' connection (part of the program seems to run on their server). There have been requests for a stand-alone version, but that would raise the price due to anticipated losses by piracy of their technology.

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Connected then?

So that means you must be online when you use it? That would put me off buying it. I want to have the work on my computer and the software too.

Steve Saunders

I've been using it for several months and to make a long story longer I have to say it's the best $40 I've spent on software in a long time. A job that woul dtake me an hour in Photoshop can be done in a couple of minutes in PP and it can be infinitely varied.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So that means you must be online when you use it? That would put me off buying it. I want to have the work on my computer and the software too.

Kathy,

Online software is actually a brilliant choice. It means that you have it everywhere and it's always up to date. The use of online software is growing part of the major hunt for market share in major software serices for corporations. One major example is SalesForce.com which is one of the most successful software companies today. This paradign also works for MicrosoftOffice™-like applications.

We just are not used to this.

For $40, if the softeware works, I'd go for it!

Asher