• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

An exercise in masking

Gary Yelland

pro member
Just playing around with ideas for digital art,
its a good exercise in masking, why not try it with your images
see what you think

560888469_fa3221a4d4_o.jpg

Klaus Esser

pro member
Just playing around with ideas for digital art,
its a good exercise in masking, why not try it with your images
see what you think

Hi Gerry!

The objects are duplicated and mirrored - you can see it at the shadows . .
The best - and fastest - way to make it is to dress the persons in blue- or greensreen-suit and keying them.
The clothes remain - the persons are invisible.

When masking and mirroring/duplicating objects, the shadows should be correctetd - they should have the same direction . . ;-)

best, Klaus

Gary Yelland

pro member
Chroma key

Thats a good idea chroma key the individual but I do not have this available, this was not taken with this in mind its just a straight shot.

The shadows are not correct you are right, but its not supposed to be reality its just a piece of art, its not really for anything its just for experimenting, I want to eventually get to the pop art type genre.

Should have used a global light on the drop shadows would have worked better.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

I like the idea! If this is an excercise, the Klaus is correct! One needs to know how to do what one might want and not settle for what happens!

The extracted edges are a huge challenge and need to be softened and pick up a hint of the new b.g.
Shadows and lighting have to seem correct.

Let's have the work flow with method of masking, otherwise others joining the thread have no idea of how to repeat what you do.

I myself do a lot of assembly and make sure lighting is consistant!

So, if you like, put the orginal of your i mage up and then let people do it by their own methods? You'd post an 800 pixel wide image and then we'd repost it as 600 pixels wide.

Asher