• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

PS-shortcuts - tools opacity

Michael Fontana

pro member
I set up the box new, and installed PS; going through all the customizable stuff, it looked fine.

There's one thing: used to hit the number keys only, for changing the opacity of the tools like stamp, etc; but now:
not opacity changes, but the setting beeing directly on the right of opacity - in the PS menubar.. (forgotten the english name of it)

Looking at the shortcut-menu; nothing in regard to this.

That's silly, as I liked und used that shortcut a lot....
Any insights?

Michael Fontana

pro member
Don, it doesn't matters at all...

I had have found the hint to click on the move-tool, while holding down the v-key, then it works for 1 - 2 times; but after its gone again....

Greg Rogers

Hi Micheal,
Have you tried the left and right arrow keys? I got to experimenting after reading your post and it seems to work for me. Thanks! Talk about an indirect way to learn a new trick. <from my perspective, I mean>

(assuming you are referring to CS3)

Cheers,
Greg

Michael Fontana

pro member
Greg, this is on PS-CS-2, the arrows don't work here, either

It might depend on the localisation, as well....

but I'm sure that the numbers worked here.

Do you knew that one? for changing the bruhes size, its: [ and ]

on the keyboard (mac) here, it's option+ 5; resp. option+6....

Greg Rogers

Michael, I was not aware of the number trick with CS2, no. CS3 is installed on this laptop (my primary) and CS2 still on my desktop. (haven't bothered to upgrade it yet) I'll try it tomorrow on CS2.....and I agree, it may be a locale issue indeed.

Sorry my discovery (thanks to you) didn't help you.

-Greg

René Damkot

There's one thing: used to hit the number keys only, for changing the opacity of the tools like stamp, etc; but now:
not opacity changes, but the setting beeing directly on the right of opacity - in the PS menubar.. (forgotten the english name of it)

Flow changes when hitting number keys. Opacity changes when you hit shift+number keys.