• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Brush Fire

As we enter our Summer season it is also our high fire danger time. In an effort to minimize brush fires, controlled burns are planned. Some, though, get out of hand and become bigger than expected. I saw this from the freeway and drove into the desert to get as close as possible. I could not get to an angle to see the flames, but the smoke was pretty impressive by itself. The sun was super bright, the temperature was 110 - this is a three shot pano.
Please share your thoughts.

Brush-Fire-Pano.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Marshall,

I'd love to have taken this! It's impressive! In itself, it's the road from hell on earth!

Shoot your model or what you want in front of bluescreen and you can him right in that picture! This is a good image for many uses.

Asher

Hi Doug,

I wanted to capture the size of this column and one shot just would not do it. Turning the camera on it's side (Portrait) allowed me to pan front left to right. I also wanted to keep the trail in the shot and a landscape shot would not let me. There was a little breeze that was changing directions, but was primarily blowing to the left. It was really cool to watch the column inhale and exhale.

Asher - Thanks for the idea - I'll play with that thought some. What I later found out was that there was a large farm house behind the column about 100 yards, the owners were on their yard with hoses in hand in case it got closer. My side is all desert, behind the column is a very large farm. It is very interesting how much was out there, in the middle of nothing.

Thanks for the input.

Marshall