• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

book cover

Charlotte Thompson

this is being considered for a book cover-horror- the story isnt finished yet and won't be out until oct-2009- a ghost of a girl in the woodlands a haunting-combination photo overlay and coloring-I also have a few more different and also being greatly considered for inside book cover -we may go color or black and white -

collage121.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Janet
thank you so very much-a lot of blood sweat and tears of work
this is also being considered for inside illustration-the author is liking the black and white
as more haunting-the little girl ghost is inside the forest trees- again thank you!

collage162-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlotte,

I feel so happy for you to see results from your efforts at independent creativity. I have always been puzzled but steadfast in my belief in your talent. Either I'm naive, (which is sometimes true) or a visionary, (I dream of that possibility but hardly can say so!)

It's a hard knife edge sometimes between insight and insanity, delusion or being informed and well ahead of the pack. Is this work meaningless doodling? That's what I ask myself harshly with my own compound images. Or, perhaps,r is it directed or else discovery from inspired doodling and design? The latter has been my impression and I believe that's what's going on with your work. Being able to walk in such places is tough; being competent to criticize the work often as taxing. I want to understand and encourage but not put you off balance! When they finally accept your work we'll really celebrate as the market will have started to speak! When that happens we have to listen.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
thank you for coming by to let me know your ideas and what you think- the latter black and white is a combo of two photos and my distinct way with color-this one is a for sure for the inside cover- but as I said I am still working-I would not consider you naive at all- this digital photography is becoming quite the thing and gives me so much more of a creative outlet-
there is so much to discover every day-have you heard of scott stulberg- we ar e becoming fast friends and I greatly admire his digital work-he is in alaska now for a couple of weeks on a shoot-
and I mean to learn from him-
I think my work is inspired,directed and much more "a passion" I so appreciate your belief in my talent-I work hard to always make it much more

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
there is so much to discover every day-have you heard of scott stulberg- we ar e becoming fast friends and I greatly admire his digital work-he is in alaska now for a couple of weeks on a shoot-
and I mean to learn from him-
I think my work is inspired,directed and much more "a passion" I so appreciate your belief in my talent-I work hard to always make it much more
Charlotte,

I know his work. I like his capture of the faces of children and then scenes of the water or ruins from a distance. How did you meet him? I'm interested to know how old he is and if he has a studio near you?

Asher