• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Updates to Canon dSLR applications

John_Nevill

Canon has released updates to many of its Windows and Mac dSLR applications and added a new raw codec for Vista.

Updates include: DPP to version 3, EOS utility to version 2 and Image/Zoom Browser to version 5.8b. These upgrades focus on Vista compatibility, 1DMkIII support and many new features.

Ray West

I don't think these are on canon uk site. But I downloaded OK from canon.com, but other than dpp, the installations were not too smooth. No insurmountable problems, all now installed and working fine. Thanks for the update.

Best wishes,

Ray

Will Thompson

Nicolas, Try the Canon USA site. At least the Mac OSX version shows all regions supported, at install you select the region.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas, Try the Canon USA site. At least the Mac OSX version shows all regions supported, at install you select the region.

Hi Will
I did that at first!
But DPP 3.0 loads but I can't see anymore the pictures, not easy !
So I tried from European site (link in above post) and DPP can't be updated on my Mac Intel...
Anyway, I never use DPP, was just curious, but no worry at all!

Will Thompson

Darn! Nicolas, seems you just can not get there from here.

Try installing one of the required for upgrade SW packages under a different user then upgrade it.

But first try repairing permissions then if that will not work try using DPP from a newly created user.

If that works OK there is most likely a locked or read only file under your main user.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks Will
I did already run disk utility and repaired permissions, but I got only an endless spinning wheel as a thank from my PB.

I wrote my previous post too fast so you did miss a part of it! let me rewrite:

I first downloaded from USA Canon site onto my Powerbook (home)
DPP 3.0 upgrades and loads but I can't see anymore the pictures, not easy !

So I tried at the office on my Macpro from European site (link in above post) and DPP can't be updated on my Mac Intel... I get an error message and DPP won't upgrade.

Anyway, I never use DPP, was just curious, but no worry at all!

Thanks for your efforts anyway!

Michael Fontana

pro member
Here, I couldn't upgrade either, the alert-box is just void!
But I don't care to much; as I'm not willing to use a software, that has problems to be installed

Installations of ddp should be done from the admin....