• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Presenting the F22 Raptor

Chris Calohan

Attending the Gulf Coast Salute at Tyndall AFB on Friday, I was privileged to attend a private exhibition of this aircraft doing maneuvers you don't get to see in the regular show.

This is a composite of 13 aircraft shots combined with three composited background shots for lighting.

33430272623_564b3805dd_b_d.jpg

High Speed, Tight Turn: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Attending the Gulf Coast Salute at Tyndall AFB on Friday, I was privileged to attend a private exhibition of this aircraft doing maneuvers you don't get to see in the regular show.

This is a composite of 13 aircraft shots combined with three composited background shots for lighting.

33430272623_564b3805dd_b_d.jpg

High Speed, Tight Turn: Chris Calohan​

An amazing plane and wonderful composite. Kudos for your skill and effort, Chris! Is this from tracking by hand or via the cameras automatic capability?

Even with the new F-35, the F-22 is still a brilliant ultra-modern platform for air superiority and situational awareness. Just hope we can enjoy the technical beauty and engineering superlatives by these shows and that like jewelry, they have no other purpose.

Must be amazing to be able to fly one of these planes and be so skilled that it is an extension of one's own body.

This is thrilling...but of course frightening too!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I only shoot handheld unless doing interior shots where I have long exposure capabilities. This is where 5 frames per second comes in handy.