• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

For Nicolas - Le Jambon

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

Ici le jambon.

Jambon_F05039R.jpg

Here, I have sought to de-emphasize its humanity, while still allowing its form to anthropomorphically suggest the struggle of all humanity to attain true forward motion, but not in such a linear way as to impose dullness. The pattern of cutting reminds us of the spiral that characterizes both the ascent into enlightenment and the descent into the abyss.

The placemat in the background carries motifs of the Fiestaware line of pottery, reminding us of the metaphor of the potter as a fisher of men. The colors evoke, without being directly representational, the mystic color code used in fabric-insulated telephone cable, reminiscent of how our society tediously made its way through its destiny bereft of PVC insulation.

Well, that's my ration of non-engineering outlook for this year. After New Years, its back to the cosines.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Response to a Pig!

A pig in a poke,
An engineer's joke.
What do you do it for?
Even of side of pig, doing a jig
or a whole pork on a pitchfork,
Whatever you do it for
Won't make the metaphor!

It's a pig, just a pig!
You can cook it, baste it and dress it with figs,
You can don a wig and lipstick the creature,
But to be wise, and not compromise,
It will never be kosher.
Yes, that's a stricture,
By now, perhaps, sir,
You do get the picture!

Asher :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi, Nicolas,

Ici le jambon.

Jambon_F05039R.jpg

Here, I have sought to de-emphasize its humanity, while still allowing its form to anthropomorphically suggest the struggle of all humanity to attain true forward motion, but not in such a linear way as to impose dullness. The pattern of cutting reminds us of the spiral that characterizes both the ascent into enlightenment and the descent into the abyss.

The placemat in the background carries motifs of the Fiestaware line of pottery, reminding us of the metaphor of the potter as a fisher of men. The colors evoke, without being directly representational, the mystic color code used in fabric-insulated telephone cable, reminiscent of how our society tediously made its way through its destiny bereft of PVC insulation.

Well, that's my ration of non-engineering outlook for this year. After New Years, its back to the cosines.

Best regards,

Doug

You mean back to the cuisine ;-)

Beautifull cochon !

Last edited: