• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Performers and Characters!

Cem_Usakligil

Great picture Martin. Do you think it would make sense to crop just a little from right to get rid of the OOF patch at the RHS bottom?

BTW, doesn't he look just like a reincarnation of Andre Hazes? ;-)))

Cheers,

Thanks for suggesting, I have ammended & replaced the original picture.

Music theme of the festival was Andre Hazes (born and raised in that area of Amsterdam) and a bronze plaque is only a few steps away from where the picture was taken ..

Martin

doug anderson

340520277_sygQ7-L.jpg

I've posted this before under photojournalism. This woman was one of several mimes standing out in front of symphony hall in Boston last summer. Here's another from the same group:

340520703_jEtxZ-L.jpg

Sion Fullana

Mime in New York

This is one of my favorite photos of street performers, so candid and full of life and joy. That smile of the bride is priceless!! It was taken on South Street Seaport in New York City.

2823020503_32ae0dd557_b.jpg

"And he made her laugh on her happiest day"

© Sion Fullana 2008

Last edited by a moderator:

Sion Fullana

What a fantastic photo this is!!! He looks elegant, sensual and beautiful. And the sea behind makes it even better!

NOTE: This comment was suposed to be for the picture "ITALIANO". I went under it where it says "Quick comment", but my comment appears at the end of the whole thread. And now I don't know how to delete this. I'm sorry. Being new sometimes is a drag! LOL.

Cem_Usakligil

NOTE: This comment was suposed to be for the picture "ITALIANO". I went under it where it says "Quick comment", but my comment appears at the end of the whole thread. And now I don't know how to delete this. I'm sorry. Being new sometimes is a drag! LOL.
Hi Sion,

No worries. It is not possible to insert a new post below a certain thread, the newest one always goes to the end. So what you could have done is to click on the Quote button under the post you wanted to react to (as I did it on your behalf now) and then type away. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sion Fullana

Thank you VERY MUCH, Cem.... you're so kind by explaining me how to do it. Hopefully, I'll be able to move around without any mistakes soon....
:)

Hi Sion,

No worries. It is not possible to insert a new post below a certain thread, the newest one always goes to the end. So what you could have done is to click on the Quote button under the post you wanted to react to (as I did it on your behalf now) and then type away. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Phil Marion

Yes, even street performers need to rest. And if they are fortunate to be accordian players their instrument can serve as a pillow.

Shot in Rome 2009
Canon 30D with 24-70 L

3599472800_d696c52b5f_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, even street performers need to rest. And if they are fortunate to be accordian players their instrument can serve as a pillow.

Shot in Rome 2009
Canon 30D with 24-70 L

3599472800_d696c52b5f_o.jpg

They work hard! I like the color of the wall. It add a nice earthy flavor to the image with the giant 3 I X S ! graffiti even matching his accordion head rest!

Asher

Asher Kelman

114751646.jpg

(At Chicago's annual Taste of Chicago festival last weekend.)​

That is pretty amazing, Ken! Interestingly the other guy in tiger pants, (above making the bride laugh so much), is also pretty loose jointed!

Now how about if some smart kid decides to try to lock the cube?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Michel,

This character is really living the good life. He's stylish. The black and white stripes of his pants indicate a certain flair. No socks, he's really on vacation and chilling. Is he rich, a player, a drug dealer or just a romantic? I like the lines of the broad straight white planks of the benches against the fine softer white lines of his clothes. A great design. His clothes and the known associations of the Blanc du Nil light flimsy cotton cloth make for interesting speculation.

Mac-italien-02-copy.jpg

Michel Braud Cruising

So, which of the following does he have in the bag of fine Egyptian cotton to show off a great tan:

group.jpg

Picture, Blanc du nil!

This is one of the popular tourist purchases for folk on cruises to sunny places. Now what is in that bag and for whom?

Asher

Phil Marion

yup - for money she holds a cigar in her hands on the street . Havana, Cuba. She stands on the street charging you a $1 to take her photo. I had to move her in to a shady alleyway with a yellow wall though. Most people just photograph her in the harsh sunlight.
4353816261_e648e8dc88_o.jpg

Steve Davis

Living near Venice, CA means that there's no lack of street performers or interesting characters. Here's a clown I talked to for a bit who didn't like being a clown. I think he was honestly the saddest clown I've ever met.

118013808_CeQCo-L-1.jpg

The next one isn't a street performer, but an interesting looking fella who's story I really should have gotten...

159900979_h7wtk-L.jpg

Steve Davis

yup - for money she holds a cigar in her hands on the street . Havana, Cuba. She stands on the street charging you a $1 to take her photo. I had to move her in to a shady alleyway with a yellow wall though. Most people just photograph her in the harsh sunlight.

Nice shot. Great call on moving her to the yellow wall! Did she charge you more for the privilege of shooting her there?