• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travelog: Greece: Athens and Poros panos

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Just came back from a trip to Athens and Poros island, and tried some panos there...
(click on image to see a much larger version...)

Akropolis and Athens

HDR version

Akropolis Museum

Piraeus

Poros Island seen from Galatas

Poros Island Askeli Bay

Besides the bad weather, we had a great time and met wonderful friends there who treated us with utmost hospitality and friendship...

We'll be back for sure!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just came back from a trip to Athens and Poros island, and tried some panos there...
(click on image to see a much larger version...)

Akropolis and Athens

HDR version

Klaus,

These are most fitting and interesting Acropolis pictures I have seen. The placement of the surrounding lower city and country side gives the Greek masterpiece an appropriate setting that I've never ever seen previously, even being there in person. but I was too close!!

Did you use our Polish friends SNS HDR?

I wonder what you'd think of pulling back and weakening the sky's HDR, so as to emphasize the Acropolis below?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher, believe it or not, these are just iPhone5 pictures taken in sweeping pano mode and a bit brushed up in mobile Photoshop Express (including a semi HDR processing from one shot). So no afterwards stitching etc done.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher, believe it or not, these are just iPhone5 pictures taken in sweeping pano mode and a bit brushed up in mobile Photoshop Express (including a semi HDR processing from one shot). So no afterwards stitching etc done.

So Klaus, you use that magic too!

Well, then, how about taking the sky from the first and using it for the second? Just an idea.

If the pixels are well exposed and the right color, the iphone is a great instrument. The first moonrover camera was just 1MP but stitching was fantastic!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

If I would be into such, I could so that, but being the person who likes to do its pictures at exposure time, I guess I will leave it as is. It was just keeping memories from a trip, not thought as pro photography ;-)

And I do agree, the "pixelmania" has not really helped to make great photos, that happens behind the camera, not in it :LOL:

Btw. here the Athens International Airport, a track back in time 18years, as it was one of my projects once... ;-)

Athens International Airport