• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fun with Phone camera and filters!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love that no matter what, I always have some camera with me. I happen to use the iPhone6+ and am happy with it. It has to oftenreplaced my far more competent Ricoh GXR with its wonderfully sharp modules.

Still, when I saw this luxurious Bentley on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills parked smack between two other cars, I squeezed between the cars and took several partial images off the front and the top and fused in in AutoPano Giga.

However, the sides were complete and the wheels couldn't be images. Still I wanted to express the luxury and status of the elite car!

Bentley On rodeo Drive.jpg

Asher Kelman: Bentley on Rodeo Drive

iPhone 6+, overlapping images stitched on Autopano Giga, Topaz Impression Filters

Comments .... and your own cell phone + filter pictures!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I have had the opportunity to wander through the storage yards of a number of steel fabricators.

Rusting Steel Shelving.jpg

Asher Kelman: Rusting Steel Shelving

Rialto California 2016

Apple iphone 6+
stitched in Autopano Giga

These giant shelves are stark naked, and remind me of the horrors of war.

They bring to mind Aleppo, where Russian and Syrian bombers skeletonized apartment buildings, destroying or driving away the inhabitants and the Nazi extermination camps where Jews were warehoused in camps, worked or gassed to death without mercy.

But this past week, we have heard President Donald Trump declare that "the United states has "fallen behind" in its nuclear weapons capacity and that he would like to restore its supremacy." CNN

In an interview with Reuters, Trump said that, [for nuclear weapons power], "United States should be "at the top of the pack"!

"Top of the Pack".jpg

Asher Kelman: "Top of the Pile!"

Apple iphone 6+
Photoshop Cc 2017 with Topaz Impression

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

This one gives the impression of a great spider by the way you have splayed the black sides of the car which you know how I love this kind dark shadow like work... however as effective that part looks and feels strong it loses its ability with the bright shiny chrome ...more effective idea would be to leave just the wings bright which imo gives name to the car ... i would have started with a dark background first then would have taken your original here...this work and imposed it unto the dark background many ways to slow down the too bright chrome.... Bently Photo
'Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

I really like this one especially what you created from the top..that is cool effect

"Top of the Pack".jpg

Asher Kelman: "Top of the Pile!"

Apple iphone 6+
Photoshop Cc 2017 with Topaz Impression

Have you tried the top effect over the whole photo might make an interesting overall design for top of the pile" Anyway it's a fine start to new creativity Bravo!

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Have you tried the top effect over the whole photo might make an interesting overall design for top of the pile" Anyway it's a fine start to new creativity Bravo!

Charlotte,

Thanks for the visit! I wanted to repeat the denuded steel skeleton that remains after a nuclear explosion. All the plaster, stucco and much of the cement is simply incinerated or ripped away by the shock wave!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi,

I do like Hipstamatic and its presets:

Wolfgang,

Hipstomatic is new to me. I'll look at it. I like to work in Photoshop as one can customize the effect to where it's needed. It cannot be that the inventors of the software can imagine what is in my mind. So unless there is a way of locally applying an effect and then using some mathematics to sample that effect where it is needed, I generally won't use it. However, I can imagine using your filter for the entire layer and then customizing with a mask.

I have read the following about the app:

A while back Apple introduced "non-destructive” image editing. Essentially, the original image lives underneath the edited version (so you can always revert to the original version). This is designed to work seamlessly with the new Photos App in Yosemite. We’re using this technology to give users the ability to re-edit photos and switch the gear after it has been shot. If you are not running the new Photos App, your files may appear unedited when ported to your desktop. Apple’s official work around for this is to “email the images to yourself.”

So I will play with it in my iPhone and in the app "Photo" under OS X Yosemite.

Thanks for your intro to this software. I like that it is non destructive if one has the correct processing chain on a Mac!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi
yep now they do it nondestructive ... I use this App since they started for at that time Instagram was no more useful for me.
But it was not a real problem, you just had to think about what you to do, the results satisfied my ideas of the resulting pictures ... like this one:

Aperitif by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr

The Bentley is totally in the viewer's face. Cool! Wouldn't it be fun to get the owner's thoughts? Or maybe in this case, the chauffeur's?

Asher Kelman

The Bentley is totally in the viewer's face. Cool! Wouldn't it be fun to get the owner's thoughts? Or maybe in this case, the chauffeur's?

Thanks, Tom!

I had to squeeze between the two cars parked with just 8 " between the back of the next car and the front of the Bentley. I had to lean way back and then rotate camera through the lens to try to get the optical axis lined up enough for stitching. This was too beautiful to simple walk by without getting the picture somehow!

So that lead to this extreme perspective. I did squish is to some sort of "human view" to be adequately sympathetic to our senses.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi,

I often prefer hipstamatics presets when I visit museums and do my photographic "souvenirs".
This is an impression from an exhibition where they used great photoboards and videoprojections ...

A beautiful classic photograph I really would stop and get lost in for a while, even in a room of prints. There's a story, one of human bonding that one has to enquire about but then be the narrator!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here we go back to last summer. A visit to the Lake district in the UK

IMG_8026_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: View from our Guest House

Lake District 2016

iPhone 6 in camera Panorama, Topaz Acuity

Not as sharp as I would like but still much appreciated.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

siblings related to the content or the filters that are used?
Using the weak zoomquality of the iPhone for example depends on the subject, "painted" versions generally can be found on my flickraccount.

Asher Kelman

Hi

siblings related to the content or the filters that are used?
Using the weak zoomquality of the iPhone for example depends on the subject, "painted" versions generally can be found on my flickraccount.

Related to the "look" of the image. So the style of the picture in sequence seem to boast the same parents. This would mean using the same palettes of colors so from a distance the works seem related. Imagine 12 like this!

Having one red and one white with nothing in common suggests odd parents, LOL!

Asher