• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Leonardo da Vinci

My wife and I visited the Museum of Science in Houston today to see the new da Vinci exhibit. Naturally I had to take my camera. It turned out to be a most difficult task however. Flash and tripods are not allowed so hand held is the only option. I used my Nikon D200 with the 24-70mm f/2.8 but I still had to shoot ISO 800 just to get anything passable at all. I think I may need to step up to the D3 soon. The exhibit was great. They had models of a number of his inventions along with great descriptive narratives for each. It is really amazing how advanced he must have been especially way back then. If the exhibit comes to a museum near you I would heartily recommend you paying it a visit.
0315_Divinci_1451.jpg

Peter Stacey

I have to agree James. It's definitely worth seeing and realising how prolific a mind he had.

I saw the exhibit in Bratislava in late 2006 and I still go back to the photos every now and then and look at the reproductions of his drawings and writings.

Regards,

Peter