• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dorothy in the field of poppies

Well, technically her name is not Dorothy, but since I shot her in the Antelope Valley (poppies reserve), I couldn't resist:)

1: IMG_7800 duotone:

276538123_4uZSY-XL.jpg

2: IMG_7811 duotone:

276538346_Doqgm-XL.jpg

3: IMG_7895 duotone:

276538502_jy8Cg-XL.jpg

4: IMG_7935 duotone:

276538642_tXnjM-XL.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

I like these shots especially the burnt orange colors through out-
she looks like she is posing on another planet and that kind of art is stimulating for me
I think a bit more expression could be given through her face/eyes as that would help with a statement from her
what she is thinking so to speak-what she is feeling etc.

Charlotte

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wizard of Oz

Nik,

Nice series. I like this model much better than Victoriia - she has more experience, more expressive and is more comfortable. I like #3 and #4 the best but I would like to see them in color. The poppies are really great this year from all the rain!

In my house all things Wizard of Oz are highly regarded since Daisy aka Toto heels to a command "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" a leftover to her stage performances as Toto. One of the scenes is that the characters fall asleep in a field of poppies while they are following the yellow brick road. And Dorothy did sleep here (in the guest room) to get to work with her co-star before rehearsals. I will have to post some pix in the FunDay threads. For those of you not in the USA, this is a famous Book/Movie in the USA taht originally starred Judy Garland but is also a play that most recently was on Broadway with Eartha Kitt and Mickey Rooney and some of the cast from that version performed it here in Thousand Oaks, where Nik and I live at our local theater company with all the scenery and costumes of the Broadway version.

Hi, Nikolai,
Sorry, I miss the "joke".
Doug, I was making a pass at a cult 1900 children novel "The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz" by L. Frank Baum. It made a lot of influence to the literature, art and culture in general ("yellow brick road", etc.), esp. American. At one part the princial heroine (Dorothy) and her friends get to a large poppy field and everybody falls asleep.

Very nice. I especially like number 1 (IMG_7800).
Thank you, appreciate it! :)

I like these shots especially the burnt orange colors through out-
she looks like she is posing on another planet and that kind of art is stimulating for me
I think a bit more expression could be given through her face/eyes as that would help with a statement from her
what she is thinking so to speak-what she is feeling etc.

Charlotte

Charlotte,
thank you for your thoughts and comments!

Nik,
Nice series. I like this model much better than Victoriia - she has more experience, more expressive and is more comfortable.
I hear ya and I agree. I think it has a lot to do with a background - growing up in Ukraine is bit different from SoCal:). But may be it was also the location - this poppy field was such a happy and fun place to shoot at...

I like #3 and #4 the best but I would like to see them in color.
Your wish is my command:)
Here are all the color versions:
1:
276538182_QPP8b-XL.jpg

2:
276538398_fCyWQ-XL.jpg

3:
276538594_usHs6-XL.jpg

4:
276538705_r5oSw-XL.jpg

Enjoy!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nikolai,

Doug, I was making a pass at a cult 1900 children novel "The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz" by L. Frank Baum. It made a lot of influence to the literature, art and culture in general ("yellow brick road", etc.), esp. American. At one part the princial heroine (Dorothy) and her friends get to a large poppy field and everybody falls asleep.

I thought that was likely your reference, but I didn't remember the part about the poppy field!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug