• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

found on another forum

Thanks for sharing this. It seems to work.

I got 72 hits on this image, a CAD rendering I did nine years ago.

I'm not surprised. If you do a google image search for "soccerball" it will appear near the top of the list. It has been at or near the top for years.

Well, it sorta works. I also searched for some images that I have posted here and got no hits even though they have been on Pbase and other sites for years.

Well, it sorta works. I also searched for some images that I have posted here and got no hits even though they have been on Pbase and other sites for years.

That's the main problem with it, even with a good pattern recognition algorithm, if the copy isn't indexed in their system then it will never surface. So it seems a nice feature/service for companies like Google who have virtually everything indexed, but not if only a part of the image copies is indexed.

And then there is the issue of how to handle a copyright infringement in, say, Tajikistan ...

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
That's the main problem with it, even with a good pattern recognition algorithm, if the copy isn't indexed in their system then it will never surface. So it seems a nice feature/service for companies like Google who have virtually everything indexed, but not if only a part of the image copies is indexed.

And then there is the issue of how to handle a copyright infringement in, say, Tajikistan ...

Cheers,
Bart
So, Bart,

If one registers images with them, s this a useful service. wouldn't it be great to find that IBM or Coca Cola used your pictures for free!

Asher

I've registered today, I'll see if I get more results as a registered user...I assume this is a new site and they need time to browse everything around with theirs bots...I'll let you know how it's going.