• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Images

StuartRae

The more observant among you may have noticed that most of my images have disappeared. (Do I hear cheering from the audience?)
Nothing sinister, just that my credit card changed earlier this year and my webspace provider was unable to recover the annual fee from the new one. They say that they tried to contact me, but I can't find any evidence of their having done so.
No matter, new webspace will be in place as soon as Bravenet receive payment. There's a faint possibility that they'll be able to re-allocate the original, but in any case I have local backups of my personal websites etc. so no problem there. However the images contained in the OPF folder are scattered all over the local file-system so there's no chance of recreating it. It's really no great loss; if I post any new images they will appear, and since my recent images have attracted no interest they will not be missed.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The more observant among you may have noticed that most of my images have disappeared. (Do I hear cheering from the audience?)
Nothing sinister, just that my credit card changed earlier this year and my webspace provider was unable to recover the annual fee from the new one. They say that they tried to contact me, but I can't find any evidence of their having done so.
No matter, new webspace will be in place as soon as Bravenet receive payment. There's a faint possibility that they'll be able to re-allocate the original, but in any case I have local backups of my personal websites etc. so no problem there. However the images contained in the OPF folder are scattered all over the local file-system so there's no chance of recreating it. It's really no great loss; if I post any new images they will appear, and since my recent images have attracted no interest they will not be missed.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

So sorry this has happened. It's a loss and I would challenge the idea that recent images were not valued.
  1. The need for all of us to not allow pictures people post to become orphans. This might come from folk bookmarking certain fora and so miss everything else.

2. The benefit to everyone of OPF storing all the images folk post.

3. The value of keywording to be able to search.

4. The ability to have a page of recently posted images

If you can find your missing images, we'll repair al the threads for you. I know that there are a host of pictures we wouldn't want to lose! :)

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Stuart,
That's truly sad, for I enjoyed viewing your images and often came back to them.

Asher - where are we at with creating member galleries?
We REALLY need them.

StuartRae

Hi Asher,
If you can find your missing images, we'll repair all the threads for you.

No need for that. The problem is in identifying which images I've posted on OPF. Having done that it's a simple matter to upload them to the new webspace with an identical path-name. If all else fails I can look at every image on my local system and try to remember if I posted it, but for once since I retired time is against me. Next week I'm in the Lake District until 24th, and then for most of October I'm in Seattle visiting my grandson.

Hi John,
That's truly sad, for I enjoyed viewing your images and often came back to them.
It's very kind of you to say that. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Stuart,

Asher - where are we at with creating member galleries?
We REALLY need them.

John,

Getting catalogs is a high priority. I'm on it!

Thanks for the support. :)

asher

StuartRae

Good News!

Some good news!
Although Bravenet originally said they don't make backups of individual customers' web-space, when I pressed them they managed to find one made at the end of June.
They have therefore been able to restore my OPF folder as it was up to June 27th.
I think this covers most of my recent posts that have elicited any interest.
Regards,

Stuart

Andrew Stannard

pro member
That's great new Stuart! Would be a shame to have lost your images from the site. Well done for pressing your web-space host for a backup.

Nearly had exactly the same thing happen to me due to a new credit card - but fortunately realised with a few days left.

Regards,