• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

its cold here

Mark Hampton

Scotland - doesn't get snow - by that I mean we don't understand it - the whole nation has halted because of 8/10 inches of snow - we spend 100 of millions on grit - we don't use snow chains because we grit... we are a nation of mentalists

snosnow.jpg

back garden blues - M Hampton

or

we fully understand that spending 100s of millions on grit is wasted when the snow comes on strong - but hey we get days off work so &%*^ it - lets keep going on the same way an no worry about it...

we fully understand that spending 100s of millions on grit is wasted when the snow comes on strong - but hey we get days off work so &%*^ it - lets keep going on the same way an no worry about it...

There might be some French blood in every scot :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
snosnow.jpg

back garden blues - M Hampton

Is that the first snow this year? I like the picture, it's a miniature ski slope. With this I don't think of grit or snow removal just the beauty of it all.

Was this out of your window as the snow was falling/

Asher

Mark Hampton

Asher - thats the 1st snow for Bridge of Earn - we don't get much snow - and it stays for a day at most... The picture is my back garden (almost all of it !) whilst we were in the mists of another great white tempest.

Snow is a great leveler - with all the ornamental gardens around here (people spend so much time on there lawns / stones / borders) look the same as my unkempt garden !

now for some pictures of the sun!

Rachel Foster

I loved living in Seattle. When it snowed, everyone stayed home until it melted the next day. Here in Michigan..well, I am more sympathetic to bears every winter. Hibernation sounds like a wonderful idea.

Black and white was a good choice.

failte is the only word I know because it's written everywhere (for the sole purpose of tourists probably) :)

But the only trip I made to Scotland was of the most enjoyable I ever had...Lots of hangovers.

Hi,

This picture is both simple and beautiful.
I like this ancient stone vase and the movement of the snow...
It evokes something very old and eternal.

Regards,

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

Hi,

This picture is both simple and beautiful.
I like this ancient stone vase and the movement of the snow...
It evokes something very old and eternal.

Regards,

Cedric.

Good points, Cedric, Sandrine, Rachel and Doug,

Let me add again Mark's insight and realization that the snow is an equalizer. Nature always is in the end!

Asher

Mark Hampton

Good points, Cedric, Sandrine, Rachel and Doug,

Let me add again Mark's insight and realization that the snow is an equalizer. Nature always is in the end!

Asher

Thanks for the comments everyone - the snow is now about 2 feet deep - the world as I ken it is ending !

cheers

John Angulat

pro member
Jeez Mark, two feet is serious!
I've been following the news on BBC - you guys are really getting hammered.
Well, hunker down, toss another log on the fire and pray for an early spring!
Good luck!

Mark Hampton

Jeez Mark, two feet is serious!
I've been following the news on BBC - you guys are really getting hammered.
Well, hunker down, toss another log on the fire and pray for an early spring!
Good luck!

John,

I ken that places get worse weather - but they dinny all wear kilts... brass monkeys!

ahhhhhhhhh.jpg

if George Osborne was a vampire and these were wooden stakes - M Hampton

I hope your all warm!

cheers

Asher Kelman

John,

I ken that places get worse weather - but they dinny all wear kilts... brass monkeys!

I hope your all warm!

cheers

Mark,

I wondered how to spell do not as den'na, but now I see the form, dinny. Interesting!

ahhhhhhhhh.jpg

if George Osborne was a vampire and these were wooden stakes - M Hampton

I like the indistinct left upper portion. The stakes coming in like a closing monsters teeth.

Asher

Mark Hampton

Asher,

Scots is a much maligned expansion of english - I try to keep it to a minimum but sometimes i slip up.

these pictures are just snaps - cant get to make what I want at the moment - but I like making images - even if there is only surface at least I keep thinking.....

the tree is flipped - reminded me of medical images - I am watching to much house MD - evry thing seems medical at the moment - I may start doing differentials on peoples photographs !

thanks for the feedback..

cheers