• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Psalter Concert, Id.

These are some of the pictures taken during a Concert I attended in Idaho. Desaturated and levels adjusted on gimp.
[The funky lighting is because there was a strobe next to the drummer which kept throwing off my exposures and either leading to crazy underexposed or overexposed photos.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Photo 1

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Photo 2

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Photo 3

(Edit: Sorry about the technical snafu.)

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rahul,

The pix don't show up.

The links themselves seem to work fine when I lift them out and paste them into my browser.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rahul,

Go to share n your Picasa account and get the URL that begins with http not https

Thanks,

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are some of the pictures taken during a Concert I attended in Idaho. Desaturated and levels adjusted on gimp.
[The funky lighting is because there was a strobe next to the drummer which kept throwing off my exposures and either leading to crazy underexposed or overexposed photos.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

Photo 1​

Raul,

Notice how it improves 500% by just isolating your photograph with white space all around it. Most pictures do not show well stuck to text on one side of a page.

You've really locked in the atmosphere. These scenes are so difficult to photograph and I find best taken from further away and then shooting wider and cropping for composition. The issues are immense. Musicians are in the dark while a singer is bright but the microphone hides the face! The different members of the group are scattered over the stage.

I'd shoot wide and then use CS5 to edit away with the content aware feature, the distance between individual musicians.

Good job. Yes it's hard but worth the effort!

Don't worry about detail, just composition, ambience, power of gestures and form more than anything.

Asher

Cheers Asher. Yes, Normally I position myself in the light room during the performance, and take pictures and do lights at the same time. (That way, I have all the lighting I ever want at my disposal :p). This time though, I was in a church, and this was a Christian Hardcore band, so if I stood in the back, I wouldnt really get anything except the pulpit, and people in the mosh pit. So I just went up to the stage ahead of the pit and started shooting away. :D