• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is it soup yet? (LR on Leopard)

Michael Seltzer

Hi,

I haven't upgraded to Leopard, as I'd heard initially there were problems with some Adobe apps running under Leopard, especially LR. I use LR and PS-CS3 a lot. It is now mid-February, but in doing a quick search on the net I couldn't seem to find any information on this later than about mid-December. So my question is, is it safe to go back into the water? Does LR and PS-CS3 work correctly with Leopard now?

Thanks for any help,
Michael

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Don't forget after updating to Leopard to run the new updater to 1.5.2 and then the graphic update too.

Of course no doubt before doing all this, you'll have done a back-up of your data and run repair permission as well… I know you know, but sometimes we're tempted to go faster to disaster!

Afaik, the issue does still exist with Acrobat Professionnal, Adobe anounced an update for 2008 Spring…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Update:
If you're running an "old" boot hard disk you may have to format it and make a GUID partition in order to be able to boot Leopard from that disk…
Read more here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303220

Adobe has recently posted Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3856

Improvements in Acrobat 8.1.2 Professional include the following:
• Improved Mac OS X v1.5 (Leopard) support
• Resolution of several PDF forms-related issues
• Additional stability improvements

Aaron Strasburg

You may find printer driver issues still in LR on 10.5.x. Leopard uses a different sort of drivers, including a native ability to handle 16bit inpts, but this also causes some issues. I have a Canon iPF5000 and Canon has not yet released true Leopard-compatible drivers. Apparently similar issue exist (I don't know if they've been corrected yet) for Epson, HP,....

As far as I know the issue is restricted to LR and appears to be applying color corrections twice. PS CS2 and CS3 have no such issue.

The issue has been discussed in some detail on the iPF wiki as well as on Adobe's forums.

Michael Seltzer

So I've installed Leopard, and updated to 1.5.2. I've also downloaded and installed the latest driver for my printer, an Epson R2400, which is suppose to be for Leopard. The EpsonPrinterUtility works, so I assumed the driver is correct for Leopard. I also downloaded the latest paper profiles. However, when I try to print (out of Lightroom 1.3.1) the images are very washed out. I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

BTW, the new print dialog is different, and I'm not sure what to select when printing to Epson's 4* and 5* matte papers--what used to be called enhanced matte, I believe. I've selected EnhMatte BstPhoto.icc in LR as the profile. But under Print Settings/Printer Features/Media Type: should I choose Matte Paper, Matte Paper Heavyweight, or Archival Matte Paper? Those are the only choices for matte.

Thanks