• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A common place (final)

Hi,

I had started a thread here about a "common place" in western suburbs of Paris. I went to this place several times since May, to continue to shot and to capture different lights, and i worked harder the pictures (thanks a lot Lightroom 3 !). After some times, i finished with this selection :

7f3d7053675e66301aa2ba34ea2396b.jpg

5f6b66b91c5ca1ce9f88c3a828ec4c9.jpg

333a558e19e5235fe692b5d12fbbed4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
f92adf6e98d3844b1b668d70706a35f.jpg

Cedric Massoulier: THE END !

Cedric,

It might seem like the end, but it really is just before the beginning of a new cycle. I do like this picture and the fire-red reflections in the water. I hope it's not the end of the series!

The man watching the scene at the end of the day is a great anchor. I wonder whether you have considered cropping below the extra detail as they do not provide additional quality to the picture.

Asher

Hi Asher,

I think i will continue this series as i have other pictures and didn't really finish this work : it is a first attempt ot writing, i didn't success yet to express what i felt there... Maybe one day i will realize there's nothing really interesting there... ;o)

Yes, i tried to crop the last picture to eliminate below details but it was no satisfiying... I think it can be improved.

Rendez-vous in some months ;o)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

I think i will continue this series as i have other pictures and didn't really finish this work : it is a first attempt ot writing, i didn't success yet to express what i felt there... Maybe one day i will realize there's nothing really interesting there... ;o)

Yes, i tried to crop the last picture to eliminate below details but it was no satisfiying... I think it can be improved.

Even consider cloning out the words on that box unless they add something you want. I'd continue shooting and each time choose your best. In this sort of project, I don't thnk one should pause, rather keep working and choosing just the best for later. Then when time has passed you will have your work cut out for you, but at least you will have a smaller number of your best pictures to work with.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Cedric

Excellent series - it works well as a piece rather than as individual images. I look forward to seeing them in print someday

Mike

Mike,

Thank you. I have a project to make a book someday, when i judge the series is completed. I began to make books this summer and it is a very interesting work, less impressive but potentially richer and more subtile than a classic exhibit.

Cedric.

Mark Hampton

Cedric,
Thanks for posting this work, I have enjoyed looking through your eyes and this area...

I think a book form will work... the images don’t show nearly as well vertically as on a horizontal plane...
I have copied a few images and popped them onto a big page in PS... the reading together of the images is very satisfying..

cheers