• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Night Scene

Paul Abbott

Friday last week I bought a mint and pristine Pentax-A 50mm F1.7 lens off Ebay. It came through my door this morning and here is my first image with it, taken this evening. This lens is sharp!

inthewoods1of1bor6002.jpg

paulyrichard - Nocturne
50mm, ISO 160, F2, 1/15 sec.​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Friday last week I bought a mint and pristine Pentax-A 50mm F1.7 lens off Ebay. It came through my door this morning and here is my first image with it, taken this evening. This lens is sharp!

inthewoods1of1bor6002.jpg

paulyrichard - Nocturne
50mm, ISO 160, F2, 1/15 sec.​

Paul,

I am impressed and you've got my full attention, but I am surprised with the result. Tell us how you arrived at this result.

Asher

Paul Abbott

I'll be glad to Asher, thanks.

Tonight, I was in my lighted shed at the bottom of my garden, testing out this lens in low-light. In my shed I have a heater (it is cold here now), and it managed to steam up the grotty windows, I noticed this and the play of light from the football stadium sodium lamp in its car park, sillhouetting the tree in my garden.
The condensation on the window is what gave it a nice effect. Soon after, it disappeared.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'll be glad to Asher, thanks.

Tonight, I was in my lighted shed at the bottom of my garden, testing out this lens in low-light. In my shed I have a heater (it is cold here now), and it managed to steam up the grotty windows, I noticed this and the play of light from the football stadium sodium lamp in its car park, sillhouetting the tree in my garden.
The condensation on the window is what gave it a nice effect. Soon after, it disappeared.

Paul,

This is the class of reply that I sought, that you made the picture based on your observation not by some raz-ma-taz filter in post! This really has the feeling of some special process like platinum salts with gold. Splendid work.

The question I have for you, is does this intrigue you enough to try doing more? Now could it be that you will have to go back and breathe the mist back on your windows and have friend, a dog or lovers or whatever catches you fancy in your new staging area?

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks very much, Asher.

A great idea Asher, but that wouldn't be an option. The light source in this photo just pokes its head above the fence at the back of my garden. The fence obscures everything else. :(