• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snow and other forms of water

Jarmo Juntunen

Even a cell phone copes well in good light... This is a view from an April 22nd run where I encountered nearly every possible weather during my 2 hour run. Here we see a combination of water, sleet, hale and snow receding... or maybe approaching, it was impossible to keep track. Shot with a Motorola MotoG4.

_img1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Even a cell phone copes well in good light... This is a view from an April 22nd run where I encountered nearly every possible weather during my 2 hour run. Here we see a combination of water, sleet, hale and snow receding... or maybe approaching, it was impossible to keep track. Shot with a Motorola MotoG4.

_img1280.jpg

It's almost redundant to say that in most cases, the make of camera is no substitute for the eye of the photographer. I no longer wonder much about cameras and lenses, except for odd situations required a tilt of an image plane or more detail than a sensor can hold. In truth, most lenses are too good for art!

There's a lot of detail in the field that potentially can be presented in so many ways. These ubiquitous cameras cannot replace a pro camera, yet, for weddings and sports, but we are not far away. The newer versions will be able to give wide angle and telephoto views and adjustment of focus after the fact. It will be harder and harder for specialty cameras to compete, as the mass market for cell phone cameras is orders of magnitude so much greater. With tens of millions sold, the most daring technology development can be paid for.

Hopefully, there will be a path to migrate these advances to pro cameras. Canon used to do that. It tested all new ideas on enthusiast models and only then dared to update the flagships.

Asher