• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Maserati

Graham Mitchell

A portrait of a friend's car. 80mm lens.

maserati.jpg

Jerome Marot

It sure looks nice, but I find the picture hard to believe. Where is the left rear wheel resting? Why do we have these light on the car if it is on a desert road?

Of course, it is a photoshop paste in desert picture and the car has never left a clean photo studio. There is not even a hint of dust on the tires. But then: why this particular landscape?

Graham Mitchell

It sure looks nice, but I find the picture hard to believe. Where is the left rear wheel resting? Why do we have these light on the car if it is on a desert road?

Of course, it is a photoshop paste in desert picture and the car has never left a clean photo studio. There is not even a hint of dust on the tires. But then: why this particular landscape?

It really was in the desert, and that's the real light. I don't know why some people expect cars to be so dusty in the desert. Perhaps you've never spent time in the middle east? The reality is that the dust falls off the car easily, even the tires. Cars look pretty clean here.

wheel.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It really was in the desert, and that's the real light. I don't know why some people expect cars to be so dusty in the desert. Perhaps you've never spent time in the middle east? The reality is that the dust falls off the car easily, even the tires. Cars look pretty clean here.

wheel.jpg

Graham,

I think the disparity in perceptions comes from the fact that most such pictures are simply constructions or the result of the work of large teams with a battery of lighting gear.

In your picture, what also makes it interesting fro the eye is the contrast and perfect definition in the machine compared to the softness of the sandy landscape.

Still, knowing you, I never asked if it was real or not! But otherwise, like Jerome, I'd have questioned it too.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Jerome was referring to the left rear wheel, the one on the crop is the right rear wheel.
However, I never doubted that the image was the real thing.