• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Still Life with Peaches

Jerome Marot

We should probably start a new thread on female versus male photographers, although I am not sure how to make it politically correct. But let me tell you one simple thing: we need both. Don't worry about it.

Antonio Correia

Well Maggie after so much said I also see your images as feminine as transmitting a certain idea of Canada :)

I like best the rectangular one with the magenta tone... les Pêches :)

Thank you for sharing Maggie ! :)

Well Maggie after so much said I also see your images as feminine as transmitting a certain idea of Canada :)

I like best the rectangular one with the magenta tone... les Pêches :)

Thank you for sharing Maggie ! :)

Thank, you Antonio, for your thoughts and for taking the time to leave a comment.
:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Weather has not been nice all summer. Rain, rain and more rain. Today there was no rain but very cold.
So I resort to doing what I often do, find something inside and do a set-up.

I have some lovely peaches that just were begging to be photographed.

peches.jpg

peachesandblues.jpg

Hello Maggie,

It's time to revisit and enjoy anew your peaches, lit in this sea of delicate blue light!

I remarked on how significant such extra effort helps take away the unemotional, clinical documentary results that photography can yield out of the camera. Robert Watcher's Family scene here uses his Nica processing workflow.

You both succeed so well in making your pictures so personal to your own esthetics. The addition of saved-up textures is so commendable! Writers do it with interesting people they meet - make notes and later on they will provide the texture for new characters to populate their stories!

Asher