• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More suggestions, please?

Rachel Foster

My photography instructor has assigned us to shoot shoes. I wanted to do something a little unexpected. I like this idea (I call it "Climbing the Walls") but it obviously needs a some tweaking in terms of angle, lighting...something. It's the entry to my laundry room in the basement and I have little maneuver room as the hallway is quite small. Any ideas? (Oh, by the way, the shoes are nailed up there so I can't really do this anywhere upstairs.

pnclimbingthewall.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The idea is interesting. I like the shadowing and of course the red shoes. Execution spoiled by too many.

The angle, IMHO is not needed.

I'd progress from simple first.

What are you really trying to show!

Think about telling a joke.

Once, you get it. Twice that's fun!

Keep working!

Asher

Rachel Foster

Yes, I think too many shoes is right on. What I was going for was to *suggest* that while daily life can --literally--drive families up the wall, sometimes it's possible to go as a family (hence 8 shoes) and even interject a little humor and whimsy to *keep it in perspective.*

I'm struggling with the composition.

Marcus Peddle

Interesting subject. If I tried nailing shoes to the wall I would probably get nailed up myself.
I would suggest starting the shoes in the bottom right of the frame. This would fill up the empty space in the right side of the photograph. If you want to keep all four pairs of shoes in the picture, I would pull back a little so that the frame doesn't seem so crowded.
I hope this helps. Please share your results.

Rachel Foster

This is in the basement, so it's not like nailing shoes in the living area. All the same, my piano alcove has two walls painted black..ha!

I like this one a bit better but it loses the family theme.

smclimbingthewallredshoes.jpg

Will_Perlis

My problem with the first one is that I didn't see it as a door (until I read the comments) because of the angle and the lack of hinges or knob. I was thinking purpose-made prop or possibly a hatch to a crawl-space. I think it needs some stronger indicator of "wallness".