• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Hello, my name is Wizkid." Is there room in your heart for this chap?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Even though Sony euthanized it's $2,000 dog AIBO there's still a lot of other friends, even smarter becoming available!

interaction-small.jpg

Wizkid

"In the children’s room, you can play augmented reality games with Wizkid. Look at yourself “in” the robotic screen and wait for the metamorphosis. With Wizkid you can really go beyond the mirror, seeing yourself in imaginary worlds where a simple playing card can turn a fantasy creature to life. At any moment, if you can talk or share thoughts with Wizkid. Although Wizkid does not speak, it listens carefully.

At the office, Wizkid introduces videoconference with a presence. Your remote coworkers are really here with you, controlling the Wizkid’s directional head and expressing their reaction through physical movement. During meetings, Wizkid is following conversations just like any other participants paying attention to who is speaking (and who is not), acting like an efficient secretary."

Now can it do panostitching for me or select me a Bordeaux or light a set? I guess it will need sub-robots to do that. So far
whizkid could perhaps be instructed to tell the Roomba

whats_new_R560.gif

to vacuum the floor, instruct a surviving Sony robot dog (from eBay) to cheer you up or call your friends with iRobot® ConnectR™ Virtual Visiting Robot or maybe Whizkid might have a tactical robot check for potential intruders and neutralize them

WedgeGraphic-xbotDefault.gif

The iRobot PackBot 510 with FasTac Kit investigates suspicious objects and identifies roadside bombs and other IEDs, as well as unexploded ordnance, while keeping troops at safe standoff distances. As a lighter-weight alternative to other EOD robots, PackBot 510 with FasTac Kit is practical for infantry use. The PackBot 510 easily adapts to the ever-changing requirements of bomb identification and other life-threatening missions.

or else maybe the Wayfarer to help find models for us to photograph

wayfarer.jpg

I wonder whether Whizkid would be good for chess or a poker game. Trouble is it could cheat and read your mind if you so much as twitch!

Asher