• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon EOS 5D - firmware 1.1.1 in new cameras...

Bartek Podkowa

... some peeople buying new EOS 5D cameras report heaving now the firmware 1.1.1 preinstalled instead of 1.1.0 as it used to be for over a year.

Does anyone know what are the changes introduced in 1.1.1 over 1.1.0 and if the update is to be availalble for download anytime soon? Usually models of this age don't have anymore updates so late.

Chuck can you comment on this subject?

thanks,
Bartek

Cem_Usakligil

... some peeople buying new EOS 5D cameras report heaving now the firmware 1.1.1 preinstalled instead of 1.1.0 as it used to be for over a year.

Does anyone know what are the changes introduced in 1.1.1 over 1.1.0 and if the update is to be availalble for download anytime soon? Usually models of this age don't have anymore updates so late.

Chuck can you comment on this subject?

thanks,
Bartek
This exciting news has made me sit upright in my lazy chair!
Is it true? If so, any functional improvements or just bug fixes?
Can't wait to hear more..

Thanks for posting Bartek.

Cem

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From Tech RepublicCanon EOS 5D Firmware Update (exe)
This firmware update incorporates the following improvements: fixes the phenomenon where the images are monochrome, fixes the phenomenon where the shutter cannot be released when using the EOS 5D + EF85mm F1.2L + Speedlite580EX. This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.4 installed. Source.

My issue is that the camera can get stuck even without the 580EX mounted! Still perhaps this is the solution!

Asher

Bartek Podkowa

From Tech RepublicCanon EOS 5D Firmware Update (exe)
This firmware update incorporates the following improvements: fixes the phenomenon where the images are monochrome, fixes the phenomenon where the shutter cannot be released when using the EOS 5D + EF85mm F1.2L + Speedlite580EX. This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.4 installed. Source.

My issue is that the camera can get stuck even without the 580EX mounted! Still perhaps this is the solution!

Asher

Hi Asher,

The quotation from Tech Republic relates to the 1.0.5 changes introduced back in the mid 2006, I think.

Let's hope it comes sooner than later so we can see what's the real change (if any other than lang spelling correction :)

Bartek

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Still the guy with the 1.1.1 firmaware is having problems. The files don't appear to display properly. He went back to the previous version and may return the camera. If that's all true?

Asher

Bartek Podkowa

I read on another places that those 5D that come new with firmware 1.1.1 installed have the ability to format and use the 16GB CF cards while the others (running on 1.1.0) go up to 8GB only.

So this should be at least one difference with the 1.1.1 firmware for 5D.

Bartek

JohnZeman

I for one have really welcomed this firmware update as now my 16gb card, which I was whining about a few months ago in here, can now finally be properly formatted by my camera. :)