• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

1DMK3 commercial shoot

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Given that my studio is focused mainly on weddings, kids, family portraits that type of thing, that is what I feel most comfortable shooting.
However, I do a little corporate work as well. A big challenge for this type of work is lighting it. The shots below presented me with a huge challenge in as much as they were taken in tiny rooms (except for 1) & that there were computer monitors, glass wall division, etc.
How to light..... I used one studio strobe with an umbrella. I turned the light around so that the umbrella faced the ground & bounced the reflected light off the ceiling in an effort to avoid reflections.
For some, I also had the 580 EX mounted on the hotshoe & bounced off a wall.
Shot at 1600 iso on the MK3 & with NO pp.

med1.jpg

med2.jpg

med3.jpg

med4.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher can really appreciate these

Paul,

Nice work. One of those is a bit painful to us girls, but nice capture.
The one of the hand on the computer screen, the patient forgot to remove her wedding ring. I'd pp that out since you wouldn't wear jewelery when taking those tests normally.

I've done some commercial work and I think it's almost easier than a wedding. More known variables.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

Nice work. One of those is a bit painful to us girls, but nice capture.
The one of the hand on the computer screen, the patient forgot to remove her wedding ring. I'd pp that out since you wouldn't wear jewelery when taking those tests normally.

I've done some commercial work and I think it's almost easier than a wedding. More known variables.

For head scan, Kathy, the ring can be kept on. This is a CT scanner and the ring will be no issue. For an MRI scan, however, that watch could become a dangerous missile!

Paul,

This is a nice addition to your work!

One might try to have the patient in the room with the lasers on the head and then in the control room the slices of the head being looked at on the monitors.

Having an empty couch is not so good!

BTW, those Greyscale monitors are likely very very expensive!

I hope you get more of these to show us!

asher

Another little trick is to take pictures of the LCD screen spearately then add replace the one in the picture as it is too hard to get hte girl, the XRay films and the LCD all perfect. Here, the film on the view boxes and the girl are great!