• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Archive Creator goes 3.11 (beta)

Dierk Haasis

pro member
The good guys at PictureFlow - Michael, did I write this correctly? - after a long time published a new version of Archive Creator, a program to save your photos to DVDs with an HTML index. The link in this paragraph should lead directly to the announcement including [almost] everything that's new.

The most exciting news, coming two days late for a test by me*, is high integration with iView MediaPro using scripts [for MP] and a plug-in[within AC]. It will now be possible to archive directly from MP without using my drag 'n' drop method. The plug-in for AC automatically re-indexes archived photos back into MP with the help of Catalogue Sets.

If Microsoft/iView will now only add a good RAW converter cum image editor - cloning! - they'd have what Adobe aspires ...

Be aware that AC 3.1.1 is officially a public beta with fixed feature set but probable bugs, although the version I used for the past year or so was very stable and robust and it was beta, too.

*Just archived three months worth of material over the week-end; next will most likely be in January ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm glad that this has happened! I have no doubt that it will work as implied. Just that, AFAIK, this is for XT not Mac OSX!

Asher