• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography revealing natures secrets in one shot!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was taken back today by a single picture that revealed a fascinating secret adaption method of a living creature. The idea itself is quite amazxing. We consider that we really understand how creatures are. But from time to time, a new picture reveals anothers of natures wonders.

Today, I found this image in the BBC News.

A mystery solved: how mammals smell underwater. The intricate nose of the star-nosed mole exhales bubbles of air while swimming. The bubbles absorb molecular traces of odour from water; the mole re-inhales them, enabling it to catch the smells of food or predators. (Image: Ken Catania/Nature)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/sci_nat_enl_1166699951/html/1.stm

Asher