• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Young Girl in Central Park

Robert Watcher

Young girl in Central Park in El Salvador

FF30FE96-35EA-4BA8-B8E5-D8CAEEC9DC9A.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

This looks like it was staged by a movie director who goes with his art director and cinematographer to museums to gather color schemes, settings and poses for his/her movie.

FF30FE96-35EA-4BA8-B8E5-D8CAEEC9DC9A.jpg

The matching of her simple pastel-cyan dress with the weathered but stronger aqua-cyan-pastel wall behind in the b.g. is simply brilliant! This is better than the best genuine fruit flavored Greek yoghurt that my wife bribes me with to break my will, LOL!

Damn that is great! I simply love it. She is so cute and precious!

I hope you took more of her!

Any full length portrait shots?

Asher

Asher Kelman

So I learned something new with this. Generally, (in studio shots, at least), the bg is not as strong as the subject. Here, however that low wall behind her is ver strong and hard, contrasting with her soft little girl’s dress.

But the b.g. fortunately lacks hard detail to distract! That seems an important compositional point.

Robert Watcher

Thanks for your thoughts Asher

I was shooting in the middle of a very busy Central Park. So no time to compose or look for the best shot. Just find a subject and capture it. People are in constant motion.

The context of this image is that several minutes before - when I was shooting people walking through a path that led them in my direction - I did notice and take a couple of pics of a woman who was a vendor in the park, and her little girl. That is the only full length of the girl. Later on while capturing a couple of men talking, I noticed the woman holding the little girl walk up to a stand not far from my seated position, to buy something - and she set the girl on the ground for a moment. I swung my camera, zoomed in and captured 3 frames of the little girl. Two of them she was looking at her mom and then she turned away for a second, and I knew that was my shot. All three shots were maybe in a timeframe of 4 or 5 seconds and then she looked back to her mom, reached up to be picked up, and off they went. And off my camera went to capture something else. LOL.

8A34C310-79E8-4772-A918-CCF28A8B21B7.jpg

2B054E40-7523-4BDF-A078-502F86DF519D.jpg

————

Asher Kelman

Well now I would cheat! I have no conscience for altering pictures!

I would add her lower body to your first picture as long as thecresukt could be made to look normal and not suggest some contortion!

I do think the angles are pretty close for this!

Asher