• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji XT-1, m-mount adapter, and a lens

fahim mohammed

Elmarit-M 90mm.

p1167287776-6.jpg

fahim mohammed

Hi Murray. Hope you are keeping well.

The Fuji XT-1 meets most of my needs. And their policy of providing customers, without any obligation on their part, with continuous firmware updates is simply marvelous.

Now V4 of firmware update is slated to be released in June 2015. Lovely.

Fujifilm-x.com

Wonderful.
That does look sharp. And with great boket.

Cem_Usakligil

Indeed Fahim. Some info about the V4 firmware here. Although it may sound insignificant, I think that the possibility of using exposure compensation in the manual exposure mode will make many users very happy.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Elmarit-M 90mm.

p1167287776-6.jpg

This is a wonderful combination. The Fuji company seems very photographer friendly and ague in getting it's offerings right. The continuous updating of firmware is an example of that.

You are very wise to leverage your fine Leica lenses on this platform.

I'd like to see more and some street photography where you preset everything and just shoot.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher

50mm and above seem to do fine. Even the 35 with some issues. Wider lenses, where setting zone focus is an important street shooter's tool, unfortunately seem not to fare too well, in my experience.

The acute angle of incidence employed by Leica in its glass seems very well adapted to its M sensor.

As our travel date approaches, I have tried various cam/lens combos. I am informed, through the airline site, that China domestic flights do not allow more than 1+ 2 lithium ion batteries in carry on baggage. And none in checked in luggage.

That is an issue, if I carry 2 camera bodies; unless both use the same batteries. This is limiting, if rigidly
Enforced for a photog.

Anyone here have an experience traveling by air domestically within China.

p.s. Some sites mention 100 watt hours and some mention qty 3. Confusing to me.

Hi Murray. Hope you are keeping well.

The Fuji XT-1 meets most of my needs. And their policy of providing customers, without any obligation on their part, with continuous firmware updates is simply marvelous.

Now V4 of firmware update is slated to be released in June 2015. Lovely.

Fujifilm-x.com

Wonderful.

Hi Fahim

Yes, I'm keeping well. I'm currently trying to work through my processing backlog before going on my next trip in October, including Madagascar and South Georgia Island. That will be with my Nikon system.

I also have an XT-1 and took it to south west canyonlands and New Orleans late last year. The announced autofocus capabilities look remarkable. Forthcoming new lenses such as the 90mm f2 and the 100-400mm look tempting to me too.

I haven't been to China, though. I wonder whether you might be able to pick up batteries in destination cities if necessary.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher

50mm and above seem to do fine. Even the 35 with some issues. Wider lenses, where setting zone focus is an important street shooter's tool, unfortunately seem not to fare too well, in my experience.

The acute angle of incidence employed by Leica in its glass seems very well adapted to its M sensor.

As our travel date approaches, I have tried various cam/lens combos. I am informed, through the airline site, that China domestic flights do not allow more than 1+ 2 lithium ion batteries in carry on baggage. And none in checked in luggage.

That is an issue, if I carry 2 camera bodies; unless both use the same batteries. This is limiting, if rigidly
Enforced for a photog.

p.s. Some sites mention 100 watt hours and some mention qty 3. Confusing to me.

Perhaps mail batteries to each hotel!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Enforced for a photog.

I would not imagine 2-3 extra batteries in addition to the ones in your cameras to be a real problem. A real problem would be the very large batteries used in professional video cameras for TV crews.

fahim mohammed

Asher, Jerome.

Mailing lithium ion batteries is not allowed. I cannot buy li batteries in the states and have them sent by post.

Jerome, a very practical and possible solution.