• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Coffee Talk

Peter Dexter

A coffee broker in Trujillo

38681191414_3c2699605b_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A coffee broker in Trujillo

38681191414_3c2699605b_b.jpg

Peter,

Dark background with the scales for weighing lesser amounts of coffee are just visible. This adds depth of reality. Reminds me of the rich detail of workers in tiny portions of the large paintings by Pieter Bruegel the Elder.

Still, I would wash those beans before use!

Place doesn't seem so clean. In the USA, excess grain that wont fit in grain storage silos are dumped on a highway. At night the rodents arrive to feed and pee all over! So we are not so hygienic either!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Asher he is a broker. The campesinos bring in their coffee from their small farms. He is knowlagable and determines the quality of the beans. Some are slated for export, lower grade for Colombian consumption. And the world goes round.

Asher Kelman

Asher he is a broker. The campesinos bring in their coffee from their small farms. He is knowlagable and determines the quality of the beans. Some are slated for export, lower grade for Colombian consumption. And the world goes round.

That’s a very important job! The picture is now worth so much more!

So please hunt for more of this. Ambush some campesinos!

There and in their fields, streets and homes!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The spotted dog and checkered floor is what brings this image together IMHO .

Yes, Jim,

That’s true, design-wise.

But look in the depth of what more there is in the shadows. That really interests me: the unsung workers in the shadows, three of them, all with some place to sleep and a family to feed!!

Asher

James Lemon

Yes, Jim,

That’s true, design-wise.

But look in the depth of what more there is in the shadows. That really interests me: the unsung workers in the shadows, three of them, all with some place to sleep and a family to feed!!

Asher

Hi Asher

Yes I agree the background elements do indeed add to the overall experience of the image.

Best, regards
James