• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is it the beginning of fame?

I've noticed a guy have stolen one of my photos. No big deal, a sort of concert poster made with one of my photos. But, I hate to say that I've probably said OK for him to use it given that my name appear somewhere. I'm just p***ed that he made it as his own work. I wrote to the hosting service, that he have to be given a notification. Am I too picky?

I can take it like that: It worth something if someone found it worthy to "steal" and use it.
I cheer myself up as I can. :)

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Sandrine,

I've noticed a guy have stolen one of my photos. No big deal, a sort of concert poster made with one of my photos. But, I hate to say that I've probably said OK for him to use it given that my name appear somewhere. I'm just p***ed that he made it as his own work. I wrote to the hosting service, that he have to be given a notification. Am I too picky?

I can take it like that: It worth something if someone found it worthy to "steal" and use it.
It is OK to defend your rights and I am with you. But you should not turn it into an obsession unless there is real money to be made in the end, lol.

NO it's not for the money, it's not even for the fame... :)
But it's just that the guy passes it as his, it's not just "I take it and I repost it" : I wouldn't bother. And anyway I just asked for a notification, a reminder, nothing else.

Please, prevent me to be obsessed by that!

Mark Hampton

NO it's not for the money, it's not even for the fame... :)
But it's just that the guy passes it as his, it's not just "I take it and I repost it" : I wouldn't bother. And anyway I just asked for a notification, a reminder, nothing else.

Please, prevent me to be obsessed by that!

Sandrine,

obsession is a dish best served with bread !

protect what you do.

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Sandrine,

I hope that someone, like this guy, will sell the rights to Nestlé or some other big company for a major product campaign. That occurred with a friend of the photographer noticing the picture on some jar of food in a supermarket. That's an easy source of money.

Asher

The fact this have been taken to make some sort of black metal gig makes it not likely to appear on a Nestlé package, but let's dream for a second, yeah!

They remove the image, but I'm sure they didn't tell the guy (He'll discover by himself). All I wanted is to inform him that's not right.

Jerome Marot

More often than not, this is more negligence than a real desire to appropriate someone's else pictures. Just ask him to properly credit the pictures.

The problem is that I cannot contact him...
I have had done that before, I hate being mean without warning, I should have preferred that the removal appear coming from me than the company.
And besides, explaining calmly things often lead to some mutual respect.