• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Friendly talk

Antonio Correia

A little bit out of my usual work this time using the Lumix GX7.

For the moment I own only the 20mm f/1.7 but I would like to get an Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8

i-HktWZLJ-X2.jpg

I agree with James. This is quite good and feels like you were right there with them. It is intriguing to know what she is saying and the other writing down.
Well done,
Maggie

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Antonio
A photo directly placed in life - I like it.
How do you deal with your protagonists when it comes to show the photo in public?
In german forums there is a great rumble because of "the right for your own picture", german photographers fear an upcoming law with obviously strong restrictions for taking photos in public with persons in it ...

Antonio Correia

The photograph was taken when I was buying bread. The lady on the left is accounting for the older lady on the right who in turn, was telling the story of her fall a couple of days ago.

The G7 is silent and they didn't notice at all I was taking their photograph. The second lady from the right was making a stroll with the older.

The lady in black was assisting with short tips about the subject.

The photograph is rather tilted. I was taking them without seeing it. After all, I am taller than this.

In Portugal people are not paranoid - so far - about taking their own pictures. I am not going to print and give them the photo as I do not even know the ladies except the one on the left. But I intend to take a picture of her one of these days, selling the bread. Then yes, I will offer her a print.

Our society is very connected and we give tips about ourselves willingly when using smart phones, or bank cards for example. Does one photograph by someone makes any difference when we are videotaped in the bank, in the market, on the street ?
Something different is about taking pictures of children. There are so many maniacs...

Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell's world ! Or worst ? ;)