• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Partial Eclipse March 20, 2015

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Used my Makowsky 800mm Schiefspiegler (with iris) and two stacked ND filters.
Sunny but moving clouds, so not totally perfect... but at least some solar spots
got visible and some moon mountains (I guess).

(in camera jpgs, just resized and combined)

Robert Watcher

I love shooting these things - but didn't realize there was an eclipse until I saw everyones Instagram posts today. Too late LOL.

Nice shots. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, we were lucky here, weather was so much better than forecast (always is actually) ;-)

Hi Klaus,

That's because it was much worse at my location than forecast. We got your your lousy weather, so you could get better viewing conditions ;)

Here we witnessed (despite an 80% eclipse) not much more than what seemed like bad weather passing, clouds and all. Anyway, your shots are great, so that makes up a little for the disappointment.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Used my Makowsky 800mm Schiefspiegler (with iris) and two stacked ND filters.
Sunny but moving clouds, so not totally perfect... but at least some solar spots
got visible and some moon mountains (I guess).

(in camera jpgs, just resized and combined)

Not only is each picture well done, but the arrangement of the pictures works so well as a set.

I wonder how it would look with the date on it in interesting letters?

Asher