• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sebastião Salgado in Lisbon

Antonio Correia

Today, the 9th April 2015 I listened to a readio interview with Sebastião Salgado as an exposure of his work runs in Lisbon.
I will visit it tomorrow ! I will have the opportunity to see about 250 images from his project Genesis !

I hope to be able to buy his book. Look at this beauty:

Cem_Usakligil

Wow you are lucky Antonio. I have seen some actual prints from the Genesis project. They were part of a limited series of 100 and were selling at 8,500 euro each!

I have gone to a great exhibition yesterday myself. It was showing the works of the famous Dutch photographer/filmer Anton Corbijn. I was truly amazed by the quality of his portraits.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Today, the 9th April 2015 I listened to a readio interview with Sebastião Salgado as an exposure of his work runs in Lisbon.
I will visit it tomorrow ! I will have the opportunity to see about 250 images from his project Genesis !

I hope to be able to buy his book. Look at this beauty:

I've not seen this previously. However, we're fortunate to have a good selection of prints to look at nearby at The Peter Fetterman [/url=http://www.peterfetterman.com/series/the-gold-mine-portfolio#9]Gallery[/url] in Santa Monica.

He's very inspiring in being able to show things in such a beautifully raw way.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher for the link.
I read somewhere that he have been ill after seeing so much misery over the World. Not only mentally but physically going to dangerous and polluted places.
His concept of the Human being is also very interesting. He is a man with a very broad view of the Humanity and the World.
He never mentions the work in the back stage. He never mention the staff behind him but his wife.
One interview here. It's the same exposure I will see today in the afternoon !

Antonio Correia

I bought the book for 50€ and a small box with postcards. It gave me another idea for next year... ;)

The photographs are great but they are all behind normal glass. The light from the ceiling reflect too often. Not always nice.

i-qQ6FbCz-XL.jpg
i-7rZ9nX8-XL.jpg