• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Request for IMAGE submissons

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
HI Everyone,

We need more images in every subject that our forum's cover. So plan to select and send! We want images for

1. Front cycle of images of OPF photography. These are selected from many submissions.

2. Images for Discussion in Photography as Art. Here we discuss intent, subject, artist implementation, photographer's particular requests for help or feedback, compositon, color, themes, tonality, textures and so forth.

3. Photography for retouching/RAW processing/special treatments Unless otherwise stated, images can be downloaded, edited and reposted in that same thread to illustrate a point.

4. Images in articles: any subject in photography. Send your ideas to me at w84u at mac.com as a proposal. If you need help in writing or more photographs let us know. We host these images atr OPF.

We are please with our posting of images to date. The image cycle in the front of the forum works shows some pretty good work. Congrats and thanks for allowing us to show your great pictures.

Our first editing, retouching and postprocessing challenges have proved very popular.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/faq.php#anchor_submission

SUBMISSION GUIDELINE

1. JPG can be linked to your hosting site up to 800 pixels per side.

2. Histograms, any other graph and 100% cut outs at 400 pixels per side

3. Images for cycling in the galleries send to me attached as jpg in SRGB to w84u at mac.com

3. RAW files for a "Challenge:eek:ptimize this" thread, send to me via http://www.yousendit.com It's free. This will generate a link!

Post that in your new thread to have your picture processed according to your challenge.
4. All edited an reposted images in OPF or on your own websites, should haver the © of the original photographer embedded on the final flat file. The reposted flat jpg should be 800 pixels per side max.

5. When you post your own image, you must have full rights to do so. Further, remember in the TOS you have given use rights to OPF for the above purposes.

Write to me with any new ideas for optimizing this process

Now please find images you want to send!

For the gallery, remember, sRGB and sharpen. We will not correct your image at all!

Thanks,

Asher

Last edited:

Suzanne Gee

I have to apologize again for general density on my part...but I don't understand the process for posting photographs.

Is the rule here that we submit photos to you and request that they be posted? I can certainly do it that way; I just hadn't encountered it before.

Please excuse my intergalactic learning curve.

Suzanne

Asher Kelman

Hi Suzanne,

So far, we only host images on OPF for published article, our cycling galleries on the oping pages of OPF and reporting on exhibitions.

All other images are linked from a post you make back to your own website or server.

If you share with me what you wish to post, and for what purpose, then someone can instruct you how it is done. An image is like text. If you want to post it, you can if it fits in. You can see what sort of images are in each section of OPF. Further, we'll add anything you need to get you started.

You don't need to submit pictures to us to be posted, except for those offered for our galleries.

Asher

Tim Armes

Asher Kelman said:
So far, we only host images on OPF for published article, our cycling galleries on the oping pages of OPF and reporting on exhibitions.

All other images are linked from a post you make back to your own website or server.
Asher
Hi,

I'd like to propose that this policy is changed before the forums really take off. I strongly believe that the images posted in the forums should be stocked my OPF. This should at least be the case for the post-processing forumes. If this means imposing a maximum file size then this seems to be a more than reasonable requirement. My reasons are the following:

1) For the RAW workflow or the future retouching forum to be truely useful learning aids, then we need to be able to refer back to older threads. These threads need to be intact, with the images they are referring to still visible. If the images are at the mercy of the original author's ability/need to keep them on-line, then there is a strong likelyhood that image links will become invalid. Threads explaining a retrouching workflow become next to useless without the accompanying images. One only needs to visit older threads on DPR to see this.

2) Many (most?) people do not have server space available to place images on-line.

3) Some people would not know how to place an image online, even if they had the means at their disposal. Allowing the user to add an image to a post make their life much easier.

Tim

Asher Kelman

Hi Tim,

All your points are pretty well understood and have inherent validity. I realize we need to address the long-term storage issue.

Asher

Last edited: